Research Associate, Maritime Energy and Sustainability
7 days left
- Full Time
Maritime Energy & Sustainable Development (MESD) Centre of Excellence invites applications for the position as Research Associate. The Research Associate will work in the area of low carbon shipping, and has opportunities to participate in the research projects and collaborate with other capable and experienced researchers in the centre.
- Conduct research in the field of maritime energy and sustainable development for shipping decarbonisation
- Carry out ship data collection, analysis and modelling
- Work on other aspects of the research project which includes preparing reports, and papers for publication, presentation, periodical reporting/meetings, etc.
- Work closely with agency and industry to understand their needs and attain the collaboration
- Liaise with project stakeholders, including funding agencies, industrial partners and academic staff in universities and institutes (locally and internationally)
- Master's degree holder with excellent academic results in Marine Engineering/Maritime Studies/any Engineering course from a reputable university
- Holistic knowledge of international shipping
- Good skills in data analysis and modelling
- Highly motivated and research oriented
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Fluent verbal and written communications in English
- Problem solver and multi-tasking
- Self-motivated, mature, independent and resourceful
- Effective team player with good communication & interpersonal skills
- Strong publication record and experience in industry R&D projects will definitely be an added advantage
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.