Professor in Architecture and Design
Professor in Architecture and Design (1726)
School: Design School
Department: Department of Architecture and Design
Position Title: Professor (Fulltime or Visiting position)
Location: Suzhou Campus
Vacant Number: 1
Salary: 48,114RMB – 50,188 RMB (with the opportunity to go to 53,229RMB based on future annual performance and evaluations after being in post)
Position Open Date: 1st October 2020
Advertisement Closing Date: 31th January 2021 (early submission of applications is encouraged)
Contract Type: Full Time or as a visiting position 5-10 months
The Department of Architecture + Design at XJTLU nurtures a climate of open discourse with a firmly established tolerance of views and positions, where risk taking and speculative experiments can flourish.
The Architecture programs offers globally competitive design programmes at both Undergraduate and Postgraduate levels, with a focus on educating architectural designers in both a Chinese and international context. Research areas within the department include but are not limited to cultural innovation, interaction design and product design.
The Department cultivates a learning environment that fosters independent, innovative and responsible designers with a thoughtful and imaginative approach to space making. We recruit students from amongst the top 5% of high school students. Synergy with the University of Liverpool leads the department to also recruit from overseas, ensuring a diverse student body. Our students benefit from the dynamic atmosphere of the department, due to its engagement with the vibrant architecture and construction context of Suzhou and the wider region, as well as its involvement in live projects, competitions, conferences, and other academic institutions and events.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Candidates are expected to teach design studios and lecture courses at undergraduate and graduate level and ideally will have experience in curriculum development.
- Candidates are expected to be well established leaders in a research agenda related, but not limited to, the research strategy of the program, which focuses on cultural innovation, interaction design, product design.
- Candidates for the position of Professor should additionally have a significant record of research publications and an international research profile in their field, or practice, a successful record of research funding acquisition, and extensive experience in teaching and academic supervision. Successful PhD supervision is required.
- PhD or Master degree with several years of teaching / practice experience
- Successful PhD supervision experience
- Internationally re-known in the field of Industrial Design
Desirable Competencies and Skills:
- Practice experience
- Digital Manufacturing
- open minded
- proactive networker
- constructive communicator
Members of Academic Staff receive generous subsidies for accommodation, travel, children’s education, and medical insurance. A relocation allowance is provided. Non-Chinese passport holders may qualify for multi-year income tax “holidays”, depending on nationality and tax residency.
Citizenship and Visa Regulations:
Employment at Xi’an Jiaotong-Liverpool University is regulated by Chinese Labour Laws, and must comply with the regulations of the provincial government. These regulations stipulate who is eligible for legal employment with regard to obtaining work permits and visas. Please be advised candidates over 65 may be not eligible for a work visa in the P.R. China.
Please submit your application on our university official website, you can access https://career15.sapsf.cn/career?career_company=xjtlu then find Requisition Number 1726 or directly access https://career15.sapsf.cn/sfcareer/jobreqcareer?jobId=1726&company=xjtlu .
Applications must be submitted in a single pdf resume that includes 3 parts in the order of:
- A cover letter
- A current CV, including date of birth, country of citizenship, and highest degree level, contact details for three References
- Teaching and or project portfolio(it is also welcomed as an additional attachment)
Informal enquiries may be addressed to the HR Recruiting Team at Xinyun.Yang@xjtlu.edu.cn. Please quote the position and job ID in your enquiry.