Presidential Postdoctoral Fellow, LKCMedicine
The Presidential Postdoctoral Fellowship provides opportunity for early career scientists, engineers and scholars from Singapore and around the world to conduct independent investigations in any discipline at NTU, often regarded as the most research intensive university in Asia. The postdoc appointment is intended to provide a pathway to an academic appointment as an assistant professor or another international postdoctoral assignment.
The Presidential Postdoctoral Fellow in this project is required to:
- Synthesize photo-activated and acidic nanoparticles for lysosomal acidification modulation using emulsification based sonication and nanoprecipitation methods, and characterize their size and morphology using dynamic light scattering and scanning electron microscopy
- Generate pre-formed alpha-synuclein oligomer or fibrils, and characterize exogenous alpha-synuclein induced Parkinson’s disease cellular and mouse models using immunoblotting, dot blot, as well as Thioflavin T staining
- Study the spatiotemporal effect of lysosomal acidification using nanoparticles on autophagic flux, alpha-synuclein degradation, mitochondria function and cellular function
- Determine the role of lysosomal acidification using nanoparticles on cell to cell spreading of alpha-synuclein, through analyzing alpha-synuclein content in exosomal fractions, as well as monitoring alpha-synuclein migration using transwell experiments and confocal microscopy
- Investigate the effect of lysosomal acidification on degree of alpha-synuclein degradation and spreading in Parkinson’s disease mouse models through histological staining for alpha-synuclein pathology, as well as assessment of mouse motor function and behaviors
- Graduated with a PhD degree not more than 5 years at the application date
- Demonstrable intellectual excellence
- Maturity and capacity to begin an independent research career
- Desire and potential to develop as a future academic leader
- Applicant is required to submit a thoughtful and realistic research proposal
We regret to inform that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.