Associate / Full Professor in Population Medicine
Job Title Associate / Full Professor in Population Medicine
Organization Name College of Medicine, QU Health
College/Department Profile PhD Programme in Medical Science; Population Medicine
Qatar University is the national institution of higher education in Qatar, providing high-quality undergraduate & postgraduate programs that prepare exceptional graduate scholars destined to shape the future of Qatar. The Qatar University community has a richly diverse & highly qualified faculty for teaching and pursuing research that addresses important local & regional challenges, advances knowledge, and actively contributes to the needs & aspirations of society.
Qatar University is an intellectual and scholarly community characterized by open discussion, the free exchange of ideas, respectful debate, and a commitment to rigorous inquiry. All members of the University - faculty, staff & students - are expected to advance the scholarly and social values embodied by the university.
ØCollege of Medicine:
Following a specific directive from HH The Emir of Qatar, the College of Medicine (CMED) was founded in 2014 as a joint initiative between Qatar University and Hamad Medical Corporation, the main healthcare provider in Qatar. CMED is envisioned to become a national provider of highly qualified doctors to serve the medical healthcare needs of communities within Qatar from 2022. The mission of CMED also includes comprehensive engagement in leading health-related medical research. This activity is vital as research forms the basis of advances in understanding the causes of, and therapeutic approaches to, all human disease.
üCMED Vision & Mission As a newly-formed College within Qatar University, the faculty and staff of CMED have a powerful ambition to develop into an internationally-recognized model of excellence in teaching, research, and public engagement. Consistent with Qatar Vision 2030, the mission of CMED is prepare our medical graduates to become distinguished physicians and researchers to deliver and improve on the most modern available healthcare to the population of Qatar and beyond.
Within QU, all CMED faculty will have excellent opportunities to secure intramural and extramural funding to progress their research project ideas. The Qatar National Research Fund (QNRF) is the major source of research funding for individual project funding proposals with some awards that can exceed QAR1 million/project (e.g. QAR5 million for exceptional projects) along with undergraduate and postgraduate student research funding programs. With Qatar University being the national and largest university in the country, it receives the majority of QNRF research awards, enabling many research-active QU faculty members to successfully win major funding and, in many cases, multiple grants.
Duties & Responsibilities
1. Teach courses in the area of expertise such as but not limited to Research methodology and Clinical epidemiology and related areas,
2. Contribute to various committees at the Program, College, and University level
3. Contribute to the research profile of the College through research publications
4. Contribute to the teaching of the College through serving as a student tutor/advisor
5. Other responsibilities as assigned by the Head of Department
- Ph.D. in biomedical science relevant to this area or equivalent related research experience
- Strong research engagement as evidenced by peer reviewed publications, grants, research administration, research reviewing, conference presentations and related areas of engagement
- Direct experience in successful supervision of PhD students
- Teaching experience at PhD and Masters’ levels
- Familiar with educational approaches & technologies used in HE sector
- Willingness to work with teams
- Awareness of working with people from diverse backgrounds
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
Required Documents Academic:
1. Current Curriculum Vitae.
2. Cover letter.
3. Teaching, research, and service philosophy.
4. Three referees’ contact information (physical & email addresses & telephone contact).
5. Copy of highest earned credential
(Transcript of highest degree if graduated from an institution where coursework was completed. However, if no course work was completed, an copy of certificate letter from the registrar of your highest credential granting institution regarding your highest academic degree).
6. Any additional documentation that you feel is relevant to your application.
1. A three-year renewable contract.
2. Salary is commensurate with experience.
3. Tax-free salary.
4. Furnished accommodation in accordance with QU HR policies.
5. Annual round trip air tickets for faculty member and dependents
6. Educational allowance for children (eligible candidates only)
7. Private health care and health insurance
8. Paid annual leave
9. End-of-contract indemnity.