Manager, Research Compliance and Training
REFERENCE NO. IRC58389
JOB TITLE Manager, Research Compliance and Training
POSTING DATE 22-Sept-2020
DEPARTMENT Research Services
ORGANIZATION NAME Research Services
Khalifa University of Science and Technology Khalifa University is a world-class, research-intensive institution in Abu Dhabi, the capital city of the United Arab Emirates (UAE). The University’s mission is to seamlessly integrate research and education to produce world leaders and critical thinkers in science, engineering and medicine, and also to be a catalyst towards Abu Dhabi’s 2030 vision for a knowledge-based economy. Khalifa University has two campuses in the city of Abu Dhabi – the KU Main Campus and the Sas Al Nakhl Campus, the latter housing two of KU’s flagship research institutes: Masdar Institute and Petroleum Institute.
The Manager, Research Compliance and Training is responsible for overseeing the Research Compliance as well as providing training on Research guidelines and procedures.
- Contribute to the development of the Department’s strategy with respect to research compliance and training systems and processes.
- Contribute to the development of the Department’s policies and procedures, in line with the overall business objectives of the University, ensuring they promote leading practices and excellence.
- Contribute to the development and management of the Department’s KPIs and report back on a timely basis to ensure that the KPIs are being met.
- Manage and oversee research compliance function, including research conflict of interest, animal welfare, export control and human subjects.
- Develop Office of Research Services training materials to support functional Directors and Managers and related staff.
- Coordinate with local government agencies including SEHA the DOH to ensure KU is meeting their regulatory and reporting requirements, and to ensure KU is made aware of changes to the regulations.
- Provide training materials, conferences and classes to faculty, staff, to support ORS processes, research integrity and compliance.
- Coordinate compliance committees, and may act as an ex-officio or regular member as appropriate.
- Develop or advise on policies, processes and procedures to ensure research compliance objectives are met.
- Prepare summary reports to inform management on matters of research compliance including potential areas for concern, recommended actions, and level of support needed.
- Perform research on best practices for research compliance.
- Develop and implement training programs that are complete and relevant at regular intervals for all members of the research community, including department administrators, finance officers, transaction processors, research project and laboratory managers, and research project leaders.
- Develop and conduct assessments and usability evaluations for tools, services and trainings.
- Collaborate with other staff in research, education, engagement and training and program evaluation.
- Ensure adherence to the University’s information security policies and procedures, and report breaches or other security risks accordingly.
- Ensure coordination with other departments to facilitate the accomplishment of tasks and responsibilities, as and when needed.
- Perform any other tasks assigned by Line Manager.• Provide coaching, guidance and mentoring as required to enhance the internal capabilities of the team and ensure the achievement of established objectives and plans.
- Recommend appropriate training courses as per the pre-determined training needs, evaluate their effectiveness, and monitor their results.
- Carry out performance appraisals for subordinates according to planned schedules and recommend necessary actions as per the applied practices.
- Conduct periodic meetings with subordinates to ensure that priorities are clear and workflow is running smoothly.
- Follow-up on employees’ administrative affairs such as vacations, leaves and other administrative and related affairs.
Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Legal or other related academic discipline with knowledge of relevant laws.
A minimum 12 years of relevant experience.
A minimum of 8 years of relevant experience
HOW TO APPLY A complete application includes curriculum vitae, cover letter, photo and the names and contact information of three references.