UniSA Online Tutor
- Based in UniSA Online
- Casual employment opportunities offering minimum 10 hours a week per term
- Salary range: Hourly rate from $47.80 to $56.96
About the Role
Do you have a passion for online learning? Do you want the flexibility to teach into a broad range of online courses, supporting students to study on demand?
With degrees spanning a wide range of programs, we are looking for a pool of exceptional casual online tutors to join UniSA Online and work as part of the teaching team for their respective courses.
We are seeking people with expertise in:
- Social Work
- Digital Media
- Construction Management
- Information Technology
- Community/Public Health
- Health Science
- Management / Human Resources Management
About UniSA Online
UniSA Online offers a range of 100% online degrees and aspires to be the best online education provider in Australia. Targeted at busy adults who need to juggle work, life and family commitments, UniSA Online is making it possible for more people to integrate study into their busy lives and pursue their career goals. Each degree has been specifically designed for online learning and is delivered in an engaging and flexible way. Students can access academics and study support out of hours and on weekends, so they can get help when they need it.
- Undertake teaching as part of the UniSA Online teaching team
- Implement approaches that maximise the student experience and learning outcomes
- Provide academic support, mentoring and advice to students
- Apply disciplinary expertise to consult, facilitate discussions, mark assessment items, and provide feedback to students
- Act as the first point of response in managing student issues or complaints
Essential Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree and relevant professional/industry work experience
- Ability to undertake a range of teaching duties in an online environment
- Ability to actively engage and educate a diverse student group
- Excellent written and interpersonal skills
- Ability to use the necessary digital techniques required for effective online teaching
As a University of Enterprise, we offer a dynamic and agile workplace culture, one that embraces challenges and thrives on breaking new ground. Our staff are creative and innovative thinkers, communicating with clarity, conviction and enthusiasm. We embrace diversity and inclusion in a vibrant, engaging environment. Our people are authentic, resilient, and influential, and we deliver results.
How to Apply
For a copy of the position description and to apply, please visit Working at UniSA. The online application form will list the specific questions that you need to address. Applicants are required to upload a resume and a weblink to a video of yourself addressing the following question:
Based on your past experience, tell us in two (2) minutes or less, why you would make a great online teacher in your discipline?
For further information, please contact Laura Bateup and/or Barbara Parker via email to email@example.com.
Applications close: 11:30 pm Thursday 15 October 2020
Applications welcomed from Australian or NZ citizens, Australian permanent residents and those who have the legal right to work in Australia for the term of appointment.
How to apply:
Applications must be lodged online, please note UniSA does not accept applications via email.
- Start your application by clicking the ‘BEGIN’ button
- If you have already registered for an account, please login before starting your application
- If you have forgotten your log in details, click here to reset your password
- Preview Application Form
UniSA is committed to developing a diverse workforce and a constructive enterprising culture in which everyone can thrive.
For further support, contact Recruitment Central on +61 8 8302 1700 or email firstname.lastname@example.org and you will receive a response within one working day.