Systems and Reporting Operations
Financial Management Services (FMS) is part of the Stanford University Business Affairs organization, whose vision is “to work together to make administration seamless and efficient to enable and support teaching, learning and research.” Specifically, this position will reside within the Systems and Reporting Operations (S&RO) team, a part of the FMS Financial Systems & Reporting department.
The S&RO team is responsible for ensuring timely processing of financial data in Oracle Financials, supporting financial applications, and seeking continuous improvement of our applications and services. As a Business Analyst, you will work closely with the team to execute key processes, interfaces and reports, and monitor results to ensure the completeness and validity of data interfaced into the Oracle modules. You will work with Enterprise Technology (within University IT) to provide support on enhancements, fixes, and to troubleshoot system issues. You may serve as a project lead on small to medium sized projects.
The team is seeking an individual who is collaborative, detail-oriented, and flexible to support our vision of enabling proper financial management through streamlined operations, systems improvements, and exceptional client support.
In this role, you will:
- Participate in the daily processing of University financial data, HR interfaces between PeopleSoft and Oracle Financials, as well as in the mid-month, month-end, quarter-end and year-end close activities by running key business and related batch processes, verifying critical financial data and ensuring timely and effective communication with other central offices involved in the process.
- Support help desk efforts by assisting users requiring assistance in solving complex problems or issues regarding management and business systems.
- Create tickets for bugs, tasks, or enhancements requests, including requests to streamline current processes and work closely with Enterprise Technology (within University IT) to resolve issues.
- Analyze new business requirements, assist with feasibility of enhancement requests, system functionality, current system use and user needs.
- Specify functional design and work with developers and analysts to recommend solutions and resolve system issues.
- Review, research and evaluate software to determine its usefulness and appropriateness as related to existing or proposed business systems; assist or develop preliminary and detailed system design documentation.
- Perform testing of new systems, upgrades and patching of existing systems; plan, conduct and document results of testing; participate in the implementation of new or modified business systems
- Liaise with business partners in support of business systems, which may include system development, implementation and/or operations.
To be successful in this role, you will bring:
- Bachelor's degree and five years relevant experience or a combination of education and relevant experience.
- Knowledge of computer system capabilities, business processes, and workflow.
- Experience with enterprise applications and understanding of database driven applications.
- Strong understanding of financial data in a large, complex environment or providing consultation to similar organizations.
- Strong understanding of the software development life cycle.
- Knowledge of principles and techniques used in conducting systems analysis.
- Current knowledge of rapidly changing computer technology.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, including the ability to bridge functional and technical resources by communicating effectively with individuals of varying systems expertise and business needs.
- Ability to document complex business systems.
- Proven problem solving and analytical thinking and ability to approach problems logically and systematically.
- Experience at Stanford University and/or Oracle Financials (E-Business Suite) is preferred.
*Please note this position will require occasional work on evenings and weekends
Why Stanford is for You
Imagine a world without search engines or social platforms. Consider lives saved through first-ever organ transplants and research to cure illnesses. Stanford University has revolutionized the way we live and enrich the world. Supporting this mission is our diverse and dedicated 17,000 staff. We seek talent driven to impact the future of our legacy. Our culture and unique perks empower you with:
- Freedom to grow. We offer career development programs, tuition reimbursement, or audit a course. Join a TedTalk, film screening, or listen to a renowned author or global leader speak.
- A caring culture. We provide superb retirement plans, generous time-off, and family care resources.
- A healthier you. Climb our rock wall or choose from hundreds of health or fitness classes at our world-class exercise facilities. We also provide excellent health care benefits.
- Discovery and fun. Stroll through historic sculptures, trails, and museums.
- Enviable resources. Enjoy free commuter programs, ridesharing incentives, discounts and more
Our new Stanford Redwood City campus is the workplace for approximately 2,700 staff whose jobs are important to supporting the university’s mission. The campus brings departments together in a collaborative environment that reflects Stanford’s culture and mission. The campus offers amenities such as onsite cafes and a dining pavilion, a high-end fitness facility with an outdoor pool, and a childcare center for Stanford families.
How to Apply:
We invite you to apply for this role by clicking on the “Apply for Job” button. Please submit your resume and a one-page cover letter along with your online application.
The job duties listed are typical examples of work performed by positions in this job classification and are not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, tasks, and responsibilities. Specific duties and responsibilities may vary depending on department or program needs without changing the general nature and scope of the job or level of responsibility. Employees may also perform other duties as assigned.
Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job.
Stanford is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job Code: 4772
Employee Status: Regular
Requisition ID: 87349