The Faculty Support Team at Stanford Law School, a premier administrative support unit, has an immediate opening for an Administrative Associate position. This role provides assistance to faculty, academic center personnel, adjuncts, and other visiting instructors. The position works closely and collaborates with other faculty support team members as well as many other departments within the law school and reports to the Director of Faculty Support Services.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Respond to inquiries, and determine and take appropriate action as required. Serve as a resource regarding a defined set of policies and procedures.
- Manage and prioritize assignments from multiple faculty simultaneously and with competing deadlines.
- Prepare various Word processing related documents, Excel spreadsheets, or PowerPoint presentations, using advanced features such as tables, footnotes, mail merge, pivot tables, formulas, animation, and graphics.
- Manage memberships and dues for related associations and organizations as well as subscriptions for news media related content.
- Preparation of course materials and handouts, including class readings and announcements; prepare student seating charts, tent cards, index cards for classroom management and interaction.
- Research, prepare and record copyright permission requests for course materials.
- Extensive proofreading and editing of letters, course materials, presentations, articles, and manuscripts.
- Assist faculty with grading exams and submission of final grades to Registrar.
- Perform duties associated with scheduling, organizing, and operating small faculty events, including meetings, workshops, and seminars, including recommending vendors for services, overseeing the production and distribution of materials, coordinating logistics, and serving as liaison with internal and external vendors.
- Process and monitor routine financial transactions, which may include researching and resolving discrepancies.
- Coordinate complex travel arrangements, both domestic and international, prepare itineraries, and obtain visas and other travel documentation needed.
* - Other duties may also be assigned
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma and three years of administrative experience, or combination of education and relevant experience. Bachelor's degree preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Proficient computer skills and demonstrated experience with office software and email applications, including Word, Powerpoint, Excel.
- Demonstrated success in following through and completing routine tasks.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task.
- Ability to problem solve.
- Desire and ability to work independently, but also to perform in a team environment.
- Strong proofreading and detail-oriented research and writing skills
How to Apply:
Applicants should submit a resume and cover letter by clicking the “Apply for Job” button found on the cardinal careers website found here: http://m.rfer.us/STANFORD85yC8p
Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of the job.
Stanford is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Stanford welcomes applications from all who would bring additional dimensions to the University’s research, teaching and clinical missions.
Stanford Law School seeks to hire the best talent and to promote a safe and secure environment for all members of the university community and its property. To that end, new staff hires must successfully pass a background check prior to starting work at Stanford University.
Job Code: 4102
Employee Status: Regular
Department URL: http://www.law.stanford.edu/
Requisition ID: 87350