Project Officer, Mathematics/Engineering/Economics
A Project Officer position is currently available in the School of Social Sciences.
- Literature review on central bank digital currencies, monetary policies, and assets and labor markets
- Write codes in Matlab and R- and similar software to build DSGE models and to analyze the data
- Collect data from databases such as Datastream-Thompson-Reuters, Bloomberg, CEIC database, International Financial Statistics, World Economic Indicators etc.., clean and merge the data
- Run model simulations and calculate welfare from the model
- Write up the model specifications
- Tabulate the results from the simulation, parameter and welfare estimates and the data analyses
- A bachelor’s degree in mathematics or engineering with at least a minor in economics
- Good academic record from a reputable university
- Proficient in programming language Matlab and R, and other statistical packages
- Proficient in mathematical modelling and numerical simulation, econometric and other quantitative approaches
- Excellent command of oral and written communication skills
We regret to inform that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.