Enterprise Content Management Developer
If you’re interested in a high-energy environment and meaningful work, this job is for you! Our group is a fun, hardworking, result-driven, and encouraging team. You won’t be bored, you will find your work valued and the work you do, makes a difference.
The Stanford University Student and HR Systems team is responsible for the support, maintenance, operations and upgrades of the HR and Student applications.
Reporting to the Functional Manager of Campus Solutions and HR Systems group within Administrative Systems (AS), Enterprise Content Management Developer will be applying a strong combination of functional and technical skills. The analyst will be responsible for system/application administration, scripting, customer support and custom implementations for the document imaging and management platform.
- Conceptualize design, implement, and develop solutions for OpenText independently.
- Work with a variety of users to gain information, and develop infra-system between different users, as necessary; interact with a diverse client base and outside vendor contracts.
- Document system builds and application configurations; maintain and update documentation as needed.
- Provide technical analysis, design, development, conversion and implementation work.
- Work as a project leader, as needed, for projects of moderate complexity.
- Compare, evaluate, and implement new features and technologies, and integrate them into computing environment.
- Follow team software development methodology.
- Mentor lower level software developers.
- Other duties may also be assigned
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree and five years of relevant experience or combination of education and relevant experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of system architecture practices, including ECM design and implementation features.
- Knowledge of OpenText ECM or other leading ECM solutions (e.g., OnBase, MFiles, LaserFiche , etc.).
- Knowledge of Records Management principles (identification, retention, disposition).
- Experience in the ability to influence and interact with a wide variety of people from developers and technology project managers to end user management and domain experts.
- Familiarity with web services.
- Strong knowledge of SQL and/or Oracle database and technology.
- Demonstrated experience with both process and data modeling.
- Demonstrated experience with fit/gap analysis.
- Solid understanding of relational database concepts.
- Strong understanding of the components of web applications.
- Understanding of the software development life cycle.
- Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to manage multiple competing priorities and work under pressure in high stress situations.
- Strong decision making skills, with a proven ability to negotiate requirements and establish priorities.
CERTIFICATIONS and LICENSES:
- Constantly perform desk-based computer tasks.
- Frequently sit, grasp lightly/fine manipulation.
- Occasionally stand/walk, use a telephone.
- Rarely writing by hand, lift/carry/push/pull objects that weigh up to 10 pounds.
- Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job.
- May require extended hours and weekends.
- Interpersonal Skills: Demonstrates the ability to work well with Stanford colleagues and clients and with external organizations.
- Promote Culture of Safety: Demonstrates dedication to personal responsibility and value for safety; communicates safety concerns; uses and promotes safe behaviors based on training and lessons learned.
- Subject to and expected to follow all applicable University policies and procedures, including but not limited to the personnel policies and other policies found in the University's Administrative Guide, https://adminguide.stanford.edu.
Why Stanford is for You:
- Stanford University has revolutionized the way we live and enrich the world. Supporting this mission is our diverse and dedicated 17,000 staff. We seek talent driven to impact the future of our legacy. Our culture and unique perks empower you with:
- Freedom to grow. We offer career development programs, tuition reimbursement, or audit a course. Join a TedTalk, film screening, or listen to a renowned author or global leader speak.
- A caring culture. We provide superb retirement plans, generous time-off, and family care resources.
- A healthier you. Climb our rock wall, or choose from hundreds of health or fitness classes at our world-class exercise facilities. We also provide excellent health care benefits.
- Discovery and fun! Stroll through historic sculptures, trails, and museums.
- Enviable resources. Enjoy free commuter programs, ridesharing incentives, discounts, and more.
- Redwood City. Our new Stanford Redwood City campus, opened in Spring 2019, is the workplace for approximately 2,700 staff, including University IT, whose jobs are important to supporting the University’s mission. The campus offers amenities such as onsite cafes and a dining pavilion, a high-end fitness facility with an outdoor pool, and a childcare center for Stanford families.
- We are not able to provide relocation or sponsorship for this position.
How to Apply
We invite you to apply for this role by clicking on the “Apply for Job” button. Please submit your resume and a one-page cover letter along with your online application.
Stanford is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Schedule: Full-time
- Job Code: 4822
- Employee Status: Regular
- Grade: J
- Requisition ID: 84079