Research Specialist I/ II
Department Princeton Neuroscience Inst
Category Research and Laboratory
Full-Time / Part-Time Full-Time
Name of Lab Niv Lab
The lab of Dr. Yael Niv in the Princeton Neuroscience Institute and the Department of Psychology at Princeton University (nivlab.princeton.edu) is seeking a bright and motivated full-time research assistant. Research in the lab focuses on computational modeling of learning and decision making, with a particular focus on mental illness (computational psychiatry).
The position provides an excellent opportunity to further develop research skills in computational modeling and experimental analysis, and to learn about the psychology and neuroscience of learning and decision making. The successful applicant will be an energetic, self-directed learner with strong programming abilities and a keen interest in the lab's research. Prior expertise with machine learning and/or advanced statistical analyses is advantageous.
This is a one-year position only.
- Analysis of neural and behavioral data from rodent decision-making experiments using machine learning methods such as reinforcement learning and multivariate classification.
- Involvement in design and planning of behavioral and fMRI experiments.
- Contribute to design and dsimualtion of models of learning.
- Lab management (e.g., managing the lab website, IRBs, etc.) with these non-research activities expected to take up no more than 1 day a week.
- B.A. or M.A. or equivalent in psychology, neuroscience, computer science, engineering or related field.
- Proven proficiency in programming (Python, Matlab or equivalent).
This position is subject to the University's background check policy.
Princeton University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EEO IS THE LAW