Computer Numerical Control Machines Operator
Organization Name Research Laboratories
Khalifa University is a world-class, research-intensive institution in Abu Dhabi, the capital city of the United Arab Emirates (UAE). The University’s mission is to seamlessly integrate research and education to produce world leaders and critical thinkers in science, engineering and medicine, and also to be a catalyst towards Abu Dhabi’s 2030 vision for a knowledge-based economy. Khalifa University has three campuses in the city of Abu Dhabi – the KU Main Campus, Masdar City Campus and the Sas Al Nakhl Campus, the latter two housing the internationally renowned Masdar and Institute and Petroleum Institute, respectively.
The Computer Numerical Control Machines (CNC) Operator is responsible for setting up and operating CNC machinery, maintaining quality and safety standards, as well as equipment and supplies.Detailed
- Plan and manufacture machining components by using existing Machine Shop facilities, studying work orders, plans, materials, drawings, specifications, and machining parameters; inspect and measure the components after manufacturing
- Plan and maintain stock inventory by checking stock to determine amount available, anticipate and place orders for needed stock in coordination with the Machine Shop Supervisor; verify receipt of stock and follow‐up procurement of items
- Prepare a list of consumables and spare parts to be procured based on the budget allocation; prepare and submit a list of instruments and accessories to the Machine Shop Supervisor as necessary
- Configure and operate highly sophisticated machinery including CNC Milling machine, CNC Lathe and other machines • Document and maintain records relating to Machine Shop operations and tool holders in identified places
- Design and prepare drawings for the jobs to be done in CNC machine, 2D drawings and 3D models for students and faculty
- Organize and prepare a process document before conducting operations in CNC and conventional machines
- Perform strict daily checking and flushing on CNC machinery, weekly checking on the oil level, regular cleaning and safety points
- Initiate and report forewarnings to Machine Shop Supervisor when progressive steps are identified to counteract damage to machinery
- Prepare layout and formatting for documentation of activities (work order format, job card format, local purchase request format, packing request format, store issue and control format etc)
- Prepare CAD drawings for outside fabrication
- Properly and safely load and unload new machineries and equipment using pallet trolleys and jib cranes
- Fix gas and water lines in other labs, as and when requested by other faculties
- Maintain equipment by completing and submitting scheduled preventive maintenance reports to Machine Shop Supervisor, and initiating repair work orders, including compressors and vacuum pumps
- Construct handmade tools for coining, winding, etc.
- Deliver operational tutorials and regular safety trainings to students on equipment handling, operation, policies and procedures of machine shops, and maintenance for students
- Adhere to the University's information security and confidentiality policies and procedures, and report breaches or other security risks accordingly
- Coordinate with other departments to facilitate the accomplishment of tasks and responsibilities, as and when needed
- Perform any other tasks assigned by the Line Manager
- A Bachelor’s Degree in related field.
- Expats:A minimum 3 years of relevant experience.
- UAE Nationals:A minimum of 0‐1 year of relevant experience
How To Apply
Should you require further assistance or if you face any issue with the online application, please feel to contact the Recruitment Team (email@example.com).