Benefits Coordinator, Remuneration, Benefits and Organisational Design
UP Professional and Support
DEPARTMENT OF HUMAN RESOURCES
POST TITLE: BENEFITS COORDINATOR
PEROMNES POST LEVEL 8
In pursuit of the ideals of excellence and diversity, the University of Pretoria wishes to invite applications for the following vacancy.
The University of Pretoria's commitment to quality makes us one of the top research Universities in the country and gives us a competitive advantage in international science and technology development.
To provide a holistic benefits administration services to the University of Pretoria employees, Line Management and other relevant stakeholders, which includes benefits administration for Retirement funds, Group life assurance (including fund allocations), Leave, Study benefits, Long service awards, Injuries on duty, Medical aid (including pensioner medical aid), Housing loans and Family cover for funeral benefits
- Three year National Diploma and 5 years or a Bachelor’s/BTech degree and 3 years relevant work experience.
- Exposure to PeopleSoft or similar HR system.
REQUIRED COMPETENCIES (SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND BEHAVIOURAL ATTRIBUTES):
- Good knowledge and understanding of retirement fund governance and associated legislation.
- Effective project management skills.
- Knowledge of relevant legislation: BCEA, Retirement Fund, Workmen’s Compensation, UIF.
- Training in PeopleSoft or similar HR system.
- Demonstrated computer literacy (e.g. HR information systems, MS Word, Excel).
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Excellent communication (verbal, written, presentation) and customer-service.
- Excellent organisational, planning and time management skills.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure, within a team and independently.
ADDED ADVANTAGES AND PREFERENCES:
- Certificates in end-user applications (MS Office Suite)
- Experience in a higher education or similar environment
PLEASE NOTE: All shortlisted candidates may be required to participate in relevant skills assessments as part of the selection process.
The annual remuneration package will be commensurate with the incumbent’s level of appointment, as determined by UP policy guidelines. UP subscribes to the BESTMED and UMVUZO medical aid schemes and contributes 50% of the applicable monthly premium.
In applying for this post, please attach:
- A comprehensive CV;
- Certified copies of qualifications;
- Names, e-mail addresses and telephone details of three referees whom we have permission to contact.
CLOSING DATE: 30 September 2020
No application will be considered after the closing date, or if it does not comply with at least the minimum requirements.
Should you not hear from the University of Pretoria by 31 March 2021, please accept that your application has been unsuccessful.
The University of Pretoria is committed to equality, employment equity and diversity.
In accordance with the Employment Equity Plan of the University and its Employment Equity goals and targets, preference may be given, but is not limited to candidates from under-represented designated groups.
All candidates who comply with the requirements for appointment are invited to apply. All candidates agree to undergo verification of personal credentials.
The University of Pretoria reserves the right to not fill the advertised positions.