Research Assistant, Computer Science/Engineering
The Centre for Research and Development in Learning at Nanyang Technological University, Singapore (CRADLE@NTU) seeks applications for the position of Research Assistant. The Research Assistant will work on a funded interdisciplinary grant, and will work closely with both project members at CRADLE and the School of Computer Science and Engineering, to support the University’s research at the nexus of Technology, Education and Neuroscience.
The project seeks to use meta-analysis to examine social and non-social network connectivity in adults with autism spectrum disorders (ASD) and attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD), two increasingly prevalent neurodevelopmental disorders.
The Research Assistant will be responsible for developing computer-interface tools for the visualisation of cognitive and behavioural findings, related to disrupted brain networks in ASD and ADHD populations. The visualisation software will subsequently be used to work with adult learners and practitioners to interpret neuroscience findings for practical implementation.
Through taking part in this project, the Research Assistant will have the opportunity contribute positively to translation efforts of neuroscience research in adults with ASD and ADHD, which has important implications in informing new strategies/interventions to support the growing population of diverse learners. This includes:
- Plan and develop effective scripts/algorithms for visualisation of functional brain network connectivity
- Assist in development of user-friendly and interactive interface for visualisation of neuroscience findings for educators
- Liaise with various stakeholders
- Present work to educational advisory committee
- Contribute to the production of research reports
- Contribute to the dissemination of research findings
- Perform other tasks as required by the Principal Investigators
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related discipline from a very good university
- Strong analytical and programming skills
- Strong background in algorithms
- Excellent organizational skills and able to work within given deadlines
- Self-directed learner who effectively picks up relevant skills as needed
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.