Professor / Assistant / Associate - Electrical and Systems Engineering
The School of Engineering and Applied Science at the University of Pennsylvania is growing its faculty by 33% over a five year period. As part of this initiative, the Department of Electrical and Systems Engineering is engaged in an aggressive, multi-year hiring effort for multiple tenure-track positions at all levels. Candidates must hold a Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Systems Engineering, or related area. The department seeks individuals with exceptional promise for, or proven record of, research achievement, who will take a position of international leadership in defining their field of study, and excel in undergraduate and graduate education. Leadership in cross-disciplinary and multi-disciplinary collaborations is of particular interest. We are interested in candidates in all areas that enhance our research strengths in:
- Nanodevices and nanosystems (nanoelectronics, MEMS/NEMS, power electronics, nanophotonics, nanomagnetics, quantum devices, integrated devices and systems at nanoscale),
- Circuits and computer engineering (analog, RF, mm-wave, digital circuits, emerging circuit design, computer engineering, IoT, embedded and cyber-physical systems), and
- Information and decision systems (control, optimization, robotics, data science, network science, communications, information theory, signal and image processing).
Prospective candidates in all areas are strongly encouraged to address large-scale societal problems in energy, transportation, health, food and water, economic and financial networks, social networks, critical infrastructure, and national security. We are especially interested in candidates whose interests are aligned with the school’s strategic plan, https://www.seas.upenn.edu/about/penn-engineering-2020/
Diversity candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. Interested persons should submit an online application at https://www.ese.upenn.edu/faculty-staff/ and include curriculum vitae, research, teaching, and diversity statements, as well as at least three references. Review of applications will begin on December 1, 2019.
Must have a Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering, Systems Engineering, or a closely related field.
Applications must be submitted online via Interfolio. Applications include:
- Curriculum vitae
- Research statement
- Teaching statement
- Diversity statement
- Contact information for 3 references who could provide letters of recommendation.
For technical assistance with your application, contact Interfolio Scholar Services by email at email@example.com or by phone at (877) 997-8807 from 9:00 – 6:00 EST on Monday – Friday.
This institution is using Interfolio's Faculty Search to conduct this search. Applicants to this position receive a free Dossier account and can send all application materials, including confidential letters of recommendation, free of charge.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
The University of Pennsylvania values diversity and seeks talented students, faculty and staff from diverse backgrounds. The University of Pennsylvania is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, creed, national or ethnic origin, citizenship status, age, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected class. Questions or concerns about this should be directed to the Executive Director of the Office of Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Programs, University of Pennsylvania, 421 Franklin Building, 3451 Walnut Street, Philadelphia, PA 19104-6205; or (215) 898-6993 (Voice) or (215) 898-7803 (TDD).
More searches like this
- Electrical & Electronic Engineering Academic Posts jobs in Pennsylvania
- Electrical & Electronic Engineering Professors / Chairs jobs in Pennsylvania
- Electrical & Electronic Engineering Principal / Senior Lecturers / Associate Professors jobs in Pennsylvania
- Electrical & Electronic Engineering Lecturers / Assistant Professors jobs in Pennsylvania