LGBT Medical Director
The Division of General Internal Medicine in the Department of Medicine at the Perelman School of Medicine at the University of Pennsylvania seeks candidates for an Assistant Professor position in the non-tenure academic clinician track. Applicants must have an M.D. or equivalent degree. Board Certified/Eligible in General Internal Medicine or Family Medicine is required.
Teaching responsibilities may include ensuring the provision of LGBT health education and training to medical students, residents, and fellows.
Clinical responsibilities may include :
- Lead in the establishment and development of a LGBT Health and Wellness Center.
- Develop and implement long-term goals and objectives to achieve the successful outcome of the Center.
- Dedicate time to comprehensive, family-orientated care for patients, including health examinations, treatment of medical conditions, and making appropriate referrals to providers from other disciplines.
- Provide oversight of delivery of medical care by other providers.
- Ensure the sustainability of the Wellness Center through the development of an annual budget, adherence with budgetary guidelines, and oversight of provider productivity. Candidates are not required to participate in research or scholarship, however they are welcome to collaborate with faculty within the university.
- Respected practitioner, board certified in internal medicine or family medicine, with experience in a medical leadership role and academic and/or research experience in LGBT health.
- Extensive knowledge of LGBT health and LGBT patient care, with specific expertise in transgender patient care.
- Ability to deliver excellent and compassionate care to diverse communities.
- Inclusive leadership skills and the ability to work as a team member.
- Excellent communication and listening skills for interacting with patients and representing the Wellness Center and the Penn Medicine Program for LGBT Health.
- Cultivate relationships and community partnerships to attract patients to the Center.
We seek candidates who embrace and reflect diversity in the broadest sense. The University of Pennsylvania is an EOE. Minorities/women/individuals with disabilities/protected veterans are encouraged to apply.
This institution is using Interfolio's Faculty Search to conduct this search. Applicants to this position receive a free Dossier account and can send all application materials, including confidential letters of recommendation, free of charge.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
The University of Pennsylvania values diversity and seeks talented students, faculty and staff from diverse backgrounds. The University of Pennsylvania is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, creed, national or ethnic origin, citizenship status, age, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected class. Questions or concerns about this should be directed to the Executive Director of the Office of Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Programs, University of Pennsylvania, 421 Franklin Building, 3451 Walnut Street, Philadelphia, PA 19104-6205; or (215) 898-6993 (Voice) or (215) 898-7803 (TDD).