Research Fellow, Institute for Media Innovation
The Institute for Media Innovation ( http://imi.ntu.edu.sg/ ) at Nanyang Technological University immediately invites applications for a Research Fellow position to work in our leading research new media institute in Singapore.
The responsibilities of the successful candidates include:
- To contribute to the exciting research in Computer vision and machine learning at the leading research Institute for Media Innovation (IMI) in Singapore.
- To build deep learning algorithms for a VR gaming platform, which is currently being developed in IMI.
- To conduct cutting-edge research and development works in Computer Vision, Machine learning and Virtual Reality for 3D applications using top equipment like immersive room, oculus rift, 3D screens, state of the art depth cameras etc.
- To develop capabilities and expand career horizon in other research related aspects as VR, 3D modelling and simulation
The candidates should hold a PhD degree from a reputed University in the area of Interactive Digital Media, Virtual Reality, Computer Graphics or related fields. The candidates must have experience in the mentioned areas as evidenced by publications in high level international journals and conferences
- Strong research experience in computer vision and deep learning techniques.
- Strong programming and software engineering skills in C++
- Strong communication skills. Must be fluent in spoken and written English and ability to work in an international environment
- A good team player who takes initiative and is resourceful
- Knowledge in Unity Game Engine is a strong plus
Preferred Skills (not required but will be plus)
- Experience with high-performance graphics, including GPU programming, physically-based rendering etc
- Experience with deep learning or other artificial intelligence. Good familiarization with existing framework such as Caffe and preferably demonstrated by publications or completed projects.
- Experience developing software in team using source code management (e.g. git)