Hard Services Senior Specialist
Organization Name Research & Development
Khalifa University is a world-class, research-intensive institution in Abu Dhabi, the capital city of the United Arab Emirates (UAE). The University’s mission is to seamlessly integrate research and education to produce world leaders and critical thinkers in science, engineering and medicine, and also to be a catalyst towards Abu Dhabi’s 2030 vision for a knowledge-based economy. Khalifa University has three campuses in the city of Abu Dhabi – the KU Main Campus, Masdar City Campus and the Sas Al Nakhl Campus, the latter two housing the internationally renowned Masdar and Institute and Petroleum Institute, respectively.
The ADRIC Hard Services Senior Specialist is responsible for coordinating all the required up keeping of the buildings facilities, and ensure proper maintenance, repair and operation of mechanical as well as electrical systems, keeping in view health and safety requirements.
- Inspect ADRIC building facilities periodically to determine problems and necessary maintenance.
- Coordinate with KU Maintenance Help Desk to resolve routine maintenance duties and follow-up on day-to-day maintenance activities based on helpdesk requests.
- Prepare PPM (planned preventive maintenance) schedules includes the review of the PPM performance and coordinate corrective maintenance/reactive repair work.
- Coordinate installation, inspection, repair and maintenance of the electrical, plumbing, mechanical and other related systems in relevant locations.
- Work towards operating and testing systems and equipment, restoring, repairing, rebuilding, or replacing faulty or inoperative components and parts.
- Carry out periodic testing and inspections for work equipment, electrical appliances, electrical wiring, lightening conductors, emergency lighting and fire protection systems.
- Ensure that the ADRIC fire alarms and emergency electrical systems are operational at all times.
- Supervise the work of maintenance staff during installations, repairs or maintenance (electricians, plumbers, etc.) and inspect work for completeness.
- Evaluate functionality and reliability of ADRIC facility systems and associated equipment by coordinating with operating departments; identifying problems and requirements.
- Inspect the work in progress for quality of workmanship and compliance with specifications and maintenance budget.
- Monitor inventory of materials and equipment.
- Manage the certification of invoices, issue of PR, Call-off and Service Entry in system and deal with problems arising in connection with the execution of Purchase Orders/works contracts, etc.
- Ensure adherence to quality standards and health and safety regulations.
- Adhere to the University's information security and confidentiality policies and procedures, and report breaches or other security risks accordingly.
- Coordinate with other departments to facilitate the accomplishment of tasks and responsibilities, as and when needed.
- Perform any other tasks assigned by the Line Manager.
A Bachelor’s Degree in related field.
- A minimum 7-9 years of relevant experience.
- A minimum of 3-5 years of relevant experience
How To Apply
Should you require further assistance or if you face any issue with the online application, please feel to contact the Recruitment Team (email@example.com).
Apply for Hard Services Senior Specialist
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly