Reporting to the Associate Director of Mentorship and Advising, the Application Specialist will be a key member in a small team responsible for the successful maintenance and curation of AMICUS, the directory and mentoring and advising platform for Harvard Law School students and alumni. This position will be working against tight deadlines and will be working closely with departmental stakeholders and the Information Technology (IT) team.
As the Application Specialist you will:
- Configure and maintain online platform and database; create user profiles, import and migrate data, manipulate large data sets using Excel. Work with IT team on databases containing sensitive student data.
- Incorporate user feedback to improve user interface using CSS, HTML and graphic design.
- Serve as point of contact for user questions. Provide a high level of customer service when resolving issues and engaging with new users seeking help.
- Work with vendor and IT team to resolve bugs. Assist with QA testing and test case development.
- Create, monitor and analyze usage and engagement reports and track program progress. Generate reports for partner offices seeking information.
- Other duties as required.
- 3 years of related experience including support of applications, databases and/or systems. Education may count toward some, though not all, experience.
We are looking for people who have:
- Skills in HTML & CSS
- A strong customer focus and attention to detail
- Ability to take initiative and prioritize in a fast paced environment
- A high level of discretion and confidentiality
- Effective interpersonal, communication, and writing skills
- Skills in Photoshop/InDesign, a plus
- Experience with Agile or Scrum, a plus
Be a part of excellence and leadership in legal education and scholarship at Harvard Law School. We are a community of talented people from diverse backgrounds, lived experiences, and perspectives, dedicated to advancing the cause of justice all over the world. We value our differences and our diversity as a source of strength. We are committed to developing and inspiring our students and our workforce. Whoever you are, whatever you do, however you do it, Harvard Law School is a place where you can thrive.
All offers to be made by HLS Human Resources.