Research Associate, Mechanical Engineering
NTU Main Campus, Singapore
The Singapore Centre for Environmental Life Sciences Engineering (SCELSE) is a unique interdisciplinary Research Centre of Excellence (RCE), funded by National Research Foundation, Singapore Ministry of Education, Nanyang Technological University and National University of Singapore. Hosted by NTU in partnership with NUS, SCELSE is linking new insights from the life sciences with expertise from the emerging technologies in engineering and natural sciences to understand, harness and control microbial biofilm communities.
SCELSE is seeking for a Research Associate to join a recently funded multidisciplinary project for wastewater-based epidemiology.
- Design, test, build, and implement a system for event-triggered wastewater sampling and ultrafiltration for pathogen concentration
- Collaborate closely with colleagues in biology and public health
- Integrate feedback to improve system design
- Participate in monitoring programs with existing and prototype sampling technologies
- Master's degree in mechanical engineering or related discipline
- Strong communication and data analysis skills
- Ability to write research reports and publications required
- Previous experience with sensors, control systems, water filtration technology and prototype development is highly preferred
- Knowledge of wastewater engineering systems would be advantageous
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Hiring Institution: NTU