Research Associate, Education/Linguistics
6 days left
- Full Time
NTU Main Campus, Singapore
The Centre for Research and Development in Learning at Nanyang Technological University, Singapore (CRADLE@NTU) is seeking applications for a Research Associate position.
The Research Associate will be an integral member of an inter-disciplinary research team developing pedagogical innovations for university and adult learning environments.
The current project will be investigating the pedagogical approaches in the acquisition of language for low-waged, low-skilled adult learners of English. Highly motivated individuals with interests in lifelong learning, pedagogy and language acquisition are strongly encouraged to apply.
The responsibilities of the position include:
- Conduct research analysis, prepare research reports
- Contribute to the dissemination of research findings: conduct literature reviews, prepare academic publications (e.g., conference presentation, paper, book)
- Liaise and work closely with stakeholders from external institutions
- Perform other tasks as required by the Principal Investigator
- Master’s degree or above in education, linguistics or related disciplines
- Experience with quantitative/qualitative research methodologies and data analysis tools such as SPSS, NVivo
- Excellent report/scientific writing skills
- Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills and able to work within given deadlines
- Good statistical knowledge and data analytic skills
- Good knowledge of the adult education system in Singapore
- Experience with adult literacy training
- Good knowledge of language acquisition, pedagogy/andragogy and lifelong learning
- Preference for working collaboratively in teams
- Prior experience with academic publication processes
Please include your research interests and contact information of three referees in your CV during application.
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Hiring Institution: LKC