Caltech is a world-renowned science and engineering institute that marshals some of the world's brightest minds and most innovative tools to address fundamental scientific questions. We thrive on finding and cultivating talented people who are passionate about what they do. Join us and be a part of the diverse Caltech community.
The Staff Scientist will be working on the following projects: the expression and purification of iron proteins; electrochemistry of iron proteins; spectroscopy of iron proteins; kinetics of oxidation of organic substrates by iron proteins; synthesis and characterization of inorganic compounds; laser spectroscopy and laser flash/quench kinetics of iron protein reactions.
- Design and conduct iron protein expression experiments.
- Purify iron proteins.
- Design and conduct electrochemical and laser spectroscopy experiments.
- Synthesize and characterize inorganic compounds.
- PhD degree in Chemical Engineering, Chemistry, Biomedical Engineering, or Engineering.
- Experience solving technical issues, using various analytical techniques (NMR, mass spectroscopy, chromatography, electrochemistry, optical spectroscopy), and communicating results.
- Prior experience with laser spectroscopic and electrochemical techniques is a prerequisite for this position.
- Experience with organic and inorganic synthesis, protein expression and purification, laser spectroscopy and electrochemistry.