Document Delivery Assistant
The Faculty Document Delivery Assistant provides document delivery services to Harvard Law School Faculty and SJD’s as a member of the FRIDA team. FRIDA (Faculty Research and Information Delivery Assistance) is a one stop shop for all HLS faculty and SJD document delivery requests.
As a Faculty Document Delivery Assistant you will:
- Receive, prioritize and deliver requests for library materials. Contact other libraries, archives, and courts to obtain requested documents; verify accuracy of bibliographic information provided.
- Resolve complex problems resulting from incorrect, incomplete or conflicting citations by searching bibliographic data in catalogs, reference sources, files and databases.
- Refer requests for purchases, routing, rush cataloging, and interlibrary loans to appropriate library staff.
- Provide direction and training to part-time student and contingent workers on document delivery workflow and systems.
- May contribute up to 20% of time to other functional areas of the library.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Minimum of 3 years of library or related experience required.
We are looking for people who have:
- Customer service focus
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal)
- Experience with online resources: HOLLIS, Harvard E-Resources, Westlaw, Lexis, OCLC/WorldCat – preferred
- College degree - preferred
- Must be able to lift/move load up to 25 pounds.
Be a part of excellence and leadership in legal education and scholarship at Harvard Law School. We are a community of talented people from diverse backgrounds, lived experiences, and perspectives, dedicated to advancing the cause of justice all over the world. We value our differences and our diversity as a source of strength. We are committed to developing and inspiring our students and our workforce. Whoever you are, whatever you do, however you do it, Harvard Law School is a place where you can thrive.
All offers to be made by HLS Human Resources.