Research Database Specialist
2 days left
- Full Time
The Stanford Cancer Institute (SCI) is one of an elite number of National Cancer Institute-Designated Comprehensive Cancer Centers in the country, and is a prominent, dynamic, growing and complex Institute within the Stanford University School of Medicine. The SCI actively works to build synergies and collaborations among faculty with cancer-relevant expertise from four Schools and over 30 departments across Stanford University.
The Majeti Lab in the Division of Hematology is a part of the Stanford Cancer Institute (SCI) and is seeking a Research Database Specialist (Data Aide 3) to enter data from source documents into a computer system and verify entries for accuracy and completeness. The position will also involve maintaining complex databases and developing tools and guidelines for data collection and integrity. Work is performed by exercising independent judgment and initiative in performing tasks. This is a one year fixed term position.
- Assist research team in design and format of clinical database
- Maintain existing databases and update appropriately from multiple sources
- Extract and enter required clinical data from medical records and patient research charts/reports to research database
- Maintain and manipulate Excel files and RedCap and/or Filemaker databases
- Maintain and develop databases and spreadsheets used for research data collection and operations
- Determine appropriate action to be taken for duplicate, inaccurate, or unclear information in source documentation or as reported as research data work with research team to resolve these data issues
- Review and quality check all work prior to submission
- Choose correct programs for data manipulation
- Perform other duties as necessary
* - Other duties may also be assigned
- Experience with Electronic Data Capture (EDC)
- Some knowledge of medical terminology
- Experience with Epic Systems
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE (REQUIRED):
- High school diploma, G.E.D., or equivalent and three years of relevant experience or a combination of education and relevant experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (REQUIRED):
- Strong clerical, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
- Excellent computer skills.
- Ability to exercise judgment and employ basic reasoning skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Sitting in place at computer for long periods of time with extensive keyboarding/dexterity.
- Occasionally use a telephone.
- Rarely writing by hand.
* - Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job.
- Interpersonal Skills: Demonstrates the ability to work well with Stanford colleagues and clients and with external organizations.
- Promote Culture of Safety: Demonstrates commitment to personal responsibility and value for safety; communicates safety concerns; uses and promotes safe behaviors based on training and lessons learned.
- Subject to and expected to comply with all applicable University policies and procedures, including but not limited to the personnel policies and other policies found in the University's Administrative Guide, http://adminguide.stanford.edu.
Job Code: 5638
Employee Status: Regular
Department URL: http://cancer.stanford.edu/
Requisition ID: 86961