Research Assistant, Chemistry/Chemical Engineering/Environmental Engineering
4 days left
- Full Time
NTU Main Campus, Singapore
Nanyang Environment & Water Research Institute - Residues and Resource Reclamation Centre (NEWRI - R3C) is looking for a Research Assistant to support the research for the project titled: Development of a sustainable treatment process for sludge.
- Provide technical support on sampling and testing during co-treatment of MSW and sludge at Waste-to-Energy Research Facility (WTERF)
- Collect and analyse syngas from the WTERF. Composition of the syngas, amount of contaminants (tar, particulates, sulphur species etc.) will be determined
- Collect and analyse actual plant data from WTERF and supporting information from the literature on gasification and slag for techno-economic analysis, cost-benefit study and LCA
- Assist in techno-economic analysis, cost-benefit study and LCA of the combined incineration of sludge and co-gasification of ashes
- B.Eng./B.Sc. in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Environmental Engineering or related field
- Experience with characterization and treatment of wastes, and thermodynamic analysis
- Good interpersonal skills, excellent teamwork, good communication and writing, and strong responsibility for research work
We regret to inform that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Hiring Institution: NTU