Postdoc, Cryo-ET of Viral Transcription-Translation Coupling
4 days left
- Full Time
The Director of Central European Institute of Technology
(CEITEC MU) opens a position
CEITEC is a scientific centre in the fields of life sciences, advanced materials and technologies whose aim is to establish itself as a recognized centre for basic as well as applied research. CEITEC offers a state-of-the-art infrastructure and great conditions to employ excellent researchers.
Our institute values diversity and promotes an inclusive working environment with the aim to support the best scientists. CEITEC MU is a proud holder of the HR Excellence in Research Award by the European Commission. (http://muni.ceitec.cz/en/hr-strategy-hrs4r/)
A postdoc position is available in newly established Demo lab (CEITEC, Masaryk University, Brno, Czech Republic) to participate in research focused on structural mechanisms of transcription-translation coupling in bacteria and potentially in virus-infected mammalian cells. We are seeking a person with excellent expertise in cryo-electron tomography, specifically oriented on the imaging of virus-infected mammalian cells. Research will be conducted at CEITEC located in the life science campus of Masaryk University (Brno, Bohunice, https://www.ceitec.eu/).
- PhD in molecular virology/biochemistry or structural biology.
- Excellent knowledge of cryo-electron tomography (cryo-ET).
- At least 3 years of work experience in preparation of samples for in vivo cryo-ET imaging and analysis of single-particle cryo-EM images and cryo-ET tomograms.
- Published in impactful journals in the field, corresponding to given stage of career demonstrating creativity and scientific quality
- Good English language – spoken and written
Desirable but not required:
- Motivated person with collaborative mind set
- Willingness to engage in the life of academic community
- Interesting position in a dynamically expanding research institute
- An attractive salary and benefits package
- Background of a recognized and successful institution with supportive and international working environment
- Environment promoting interdisciplinarity and intersectorality of research
- In house core facilities
- Support of administrative departments (including grant office service)
- Support with the relocation process (welcome office service)
- 6 weeks of paid holiday
Anticipated start date: Negotiable
Applications including CV, contacts for referees and a brief motivation letter should be sent by e-mail to email@example.com.
Please quote the “Postdoc – Cryo-ET of viral transcription-translation coupling” in the subject.
Electronic application deadline is: 31st August, 2020
Information about Brno, Czech Republic
- The capital of South Moravian Region and the second largest city in the Czech Republic with a population of almost 400,000 people
- Modern, dynamic and fast growing centre of industry, trade, science, research and innovation with business incubators and centres of excellence in science
- A city of universities with more than 86,000 students
- More than 10,000 researchers; 2,200 IF publications/year; 600+ PhD graduates/year,
- 500 mil. EUR of R&D investment per year, more than 350 companies with in-house R&D,
- City of Gregor Mendel, the founder of genetics; the prestigious Mendel Lectures series takes place in Brno since 2003 (lectures of the world´s top scientists, including Nobel Prize winners),
- Quality of life index in 2016
For further information about:
- CEITEC, please visit www.ceitec.eu
- CEITEC Welcome Office, please visit https://www.ceitec.eu/welcome-office/t9794
- Masaryk University, please visit www.muni.cz
- Brno, please visit http://www2.brno.cz/index.php?lan=en&nav01=20608&nav02=20617