Research Assistant, Center for Biotechnology
Organization Name Center for Biotechnology
The newly-established Khalifa University of Science and Technology (KU) combines the Masdar Institute of Science and Technology (MI), the Khalifa University of Science, Technology and Research (KUSTAR) and the Petroleum Institute (PI) into one world-class, research-intensive institution, seamlessly integrating research and education to produce world leaders and critical thinkers in applied science and engineering. Khalifa University endeavors to be a leader among research intensive universities of the 21st century, while catalyzing the growth of Abu Dhabi and the UAE’s rapidly developing knowledge economy.
To provide high quality research support and undertake internationally competitive research aimed at publication thereby contributing to the academic and research mission of the University.
Ability to present research plans and findings in a convincing style, both in oral and written modes of communication.
- Exciting opportunity to work in a dynamic interdisciplinary research group whose focus is to determine biomarkers associated with the high prevalence of diabetes in the UAE. As a research assistant working in the Center for Biotechnology you will have the opportunity to make positive contributions to the research team and the ability to work in all areas of genomics to ensure operations flow efficiently across the center.
The Research Assistant will be responsible for the following activities:
- Undertake sample preparation, DNA, Quality control, PCR and mDNA sequencing.
- Working as part of a team, or independently manage daily work within the sequence pipeline
- Regularly meets with the Advisor to apprise the Advisor of the research results, for the development and troubleshooting of techniques, to provide direction and focus to the research, to air concerns and conflicts, and to express mutual expectations;
- Publishes research results in a journal appropriate to the field in a timely manner, may present findings at meetings;
- Contributes to the overall activities of the research team and the department, as required;
Performs other similar or related duties as and when assigned by the Advisor.
- Contributes to research center or University-wide working groups or committees as requested.
- Fosters service by contributing to the community at large in participatory, developmental and advisory capacity.
- Supports and participates in research activities.
- Bachelor degree in Biology, Biochemistry, Molecular biology or any related Science major.
- A minimum of 2 years experience is required. Candidate must be able to work independently.
All applicants must demonstrate a proven track record of, or high potential for, high-quality scientific research, as evidenced by their publication records and/or letters of recommendation. Candidates interested in translational research and entrepreneurship are encouraged to apply.
How To Apply
Should you require further assistance or if you face any issue with the online application, please feel to contact the Recruitment Team (firstname.lastname@example.org).