Trainee, Research Analyst, Developmental Psychology
In conjunction with Workforce Singapore, NTU offer traineeships to support the SGUnited Traineeships Programme. The Traineeships are part of NTU's efforts to create relevant and meaningful traineeship opportunities for our nation’s new graduates entering the workforce during this difficult time.
About School of Social Sciences (SSS)
NTU's School of Social Sciences has nearly 100 faculty members and more than 1,700 undergraduates who major in the four degree programmes the School offers: Economics, Psychology, Public Policy and Global Affairs, and Sociology. There are more than 180 graduate students in our PhD and MA programmes (by research), and MSc programmes in Applied Economics and Gerontology. The School’s holistic and rigorous education aims to prepare our students with analytical and critical capacities that can be applied in the classroom and future careers. Apart from being deeply engaged in their disciplinary pursuits, our faculty members are also at the forefront of cutting-edge research between the social sciences and other disciplines. We firmly believe that cross-fertilisation of disciplinary knowledge will contribute to global scholarship and help tackle complex challenges facing the world in the 21st century.
- Coordinating day to day research activities (e.g., recruitment and scheduling of participants, conducting research sessions at schools and after school care)
- Data processing (e.g., data entry and coding).
- Assistance with administrative duties (e.g., grant administration and accounting, proof-reading, etc)
- Create and update information within the lab team, and within division
- Conduct literature review and searches; field surveys; site visit and experimentation
- Prepare sections of surveys, experiments, analysis plans, manuscripts, reports and grant proposals
- Assist in conducting surveys; preparing sections of surveys and data analysis
- Program and set up online subject recruitment and experimental test infrastructure with documentation of best practice and standard operating procedures
- Assist in the writing of a book manuscript
- Review research papers
- Review; summarize study information; data organisation and storage
- Assist with recruitment and laboratory booking; screening of participants; laboratory set up and data collection
- Performing other related duties assigned in support of the research projects, accounting and proof-reading, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree in Psychology, Education, or relevant field
- Basic understanding of research and analytical skills
- Excellent verbal and written English
- Attention to details and procedures
- Effective communication and report writing skills
- Prior experience working with children
- Candidates who have contacts with primary schools, secondary schools, afterschool care are preferred.