Business Transformation Manager, Knowledge Transfer Partnership Associate
Contract Type: Fixed Term
Hours: Full Time
Job Type: Academic
Salary: Starting salary circa £35,000 per annum
Vacancy Type: Other Vacancies
Closing Date: 11/09/2020
Ref No: 3007
A Knowledge Transfer Partnership position with Liverpool Business School, Liverpool John Moores University in partnership with Used Kitchen Exchange Ltd
Vacancy Reference: 3007
24 month fixed-term post, based at Used Kitchen Exchange Ltd premises in Widnes, but employed by Liverpool John Moores University.
Starting salary circa £35,000 p.a. with £4,000 personal development and training budget, as well as management and leadership training provided as part of the KTP. A £10,000 retention bonus will be also paid on successful project completion.
Used Kitchen Exchange are the UK’s leading website for the sale of approved used and ex-display showroom kitchens, offering a safe and informative trading environment, supported by experts, whilst helping to create a more sustainable, ethical world. Used Kitchen Exchange now have ambitious expansion goals to diversify into new areas of home goods.
We are looking to appoint a postgraduate with a Masters level qualification, ideally with a significant focus on Management i.e. Management Consulting, Sales and Online Marketing and Change Management to project manage a change management and transformative Management Knowledge Transfer Partnership (mKTP) project focussing on developing a scale up and circular economy strategy for the fast growing and dynamic used kitchen industry.
Some of the experience and skills we are looking for are:
- 2 years commercial experience in a management-related role.
- A future business leader who will champion this business transformation project
- Ability to work in a self-directed and independent manner, as part of a wider project team in a dynamic business environment.
- Experience of managing the requirements of different stakeholder groups.
- Highly developed presentation and report-writing skills (spoken and written).
- Ability to work flexibly with academic and industrial partners.
- High degree of personal responsibility and appreciation of business ethics.
- The ability to effect organisational change through leadership, motivation and persuasion.
- Advocate and champion of business models that promote sustainability.
More details can be found at https://www.ljmu.ac.uk/about-us/vacancies-at-ljmu
This project is a Management KTP (mKTP), a programme with a focus specifically on increasing effectiveness and improving results through better management practices via mutually beneficial, three-way collaborations between a graduate or post graduate (known as an Associate), a business and a university. This partnership received financial support from BEIS through the Knowledge Transfer Partnerships (KTP) programme managed by Innovate UK, part of UK Research and Innovation.
More KTP info here - https://ktn-uk.co.uk/programmes/knowledge-transfer-partnerships
LJMU values diversity and provides a supportive and inclusive environment where everyone can fulfil their potential.
Please note all of our vacancies will be closed to applications at midnight on the advertised closing date, unless otherwise stated.