Head of Learning and Teaching
2 days left
- Full Time
Job Profile Teaching - Programme Lead
Contract Type Permanent
The post-holder will support the PVC and Deputy Dean of Education Services by leading the Learning and Teaching Team and enhancing the learning and teaching provision across the BPP Group. The person will be responsible for working with faculty leads and other internal and external stakeholders in the implementation of high quality learning and teaching. The overall aim is to deliver a world class learning experience.
- To support the PVC and Deputy Dean in delivering the BPP Group's learning and teaching priorities in order to meet regulatory requirements, strategic objectives and schools' objectives
- To lead on initiatives to improve the enhancement of learning and teaching and sharing of good practice in learning and teaching across the institution
- To lead the Learning and Teaching team in support of the BPP Education Group
- To lead on and deliver the Learning, Teaching and Assessment Strategy for the University.
- To promote and ensure innovative and inspiring teaching, including the use of observations, feedback, training, course evaluation, sharing of good practice across the institution
- To lead on the delivery of the postgraduate certificate in learning and teaching and Headway.
- To lead on the development of Learning and Teaching across our apprenticeship programmes
- To represent and promote the learning and teaching landscape at BPP at external events and conferences.
- To lead on other Learning and Teaching initiatives as required by the PVC and Deputy Dean.
Department University Education Services - Learning & Teaching
Vacancy location UK, Home Based, Home Based
- Experience in working at a senior level within an education environment
- An excellent understanding of the UK Higher Education sector in both a public and private context (essential)
- The ability to lead, challenge and inspire people to engage in change processes and institutional transitions
- The ability to lead a highly professional and expert team
- An excellent understanding and knowledge of apprenticeships in both FE and HE
- Self-motivated with a proven track record of delivering on time, on budget and using your own initiative
- Excellent communication skills and a willingness to listen and seek out the opinion of others
- High standards of accuracy and attention to detail
- Strong skills in organisation, coordination, planning, prioritisation, people management and influencing
- A desire to investigate and learn and to seek out new emerging innovations
- Excellent networking skills at multiple levels within an organisation
The post holder must hold a recognised higher education teaching qualification or MA/MEd in a higher education context. Ideally their qualification would be in a professional education context. In addition, the post holder must either be a Senior (or Principal) Fellow of AdvanceHE or be in a position so that such status is achievable by the Summer of 2020.
To informally discuss the role please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Contract Hours 37.50