Senior Research Scientist, Living Analytics Research Centre
- Senior Management
- Closing On 05 Sep 2020
Singapore Management University is a place where high-level professionalism blends together with a healthy informality. The 'family-like' atmosphere among the SMU community fosters a culture where employees work, plan, organise and play together – building a strong collegiality and morale within the university.
Our commitment to attract and retain talent is ongoing. We offer attractive benefits and welfare, competitive compensation packages, and generous professional development opportunities – all to meet the work-life needs of our staff. No wonder, then, that SMU continues to be given numerous awards and recognition for its human resource excellence.
The Research Scientist will work with faculty researchers on one or more of the following research topics in the urban/social computing, smart cities and consumer business domains.
- Data and Text Mining
- Machine Learning
- Deep Learning
- Recommender Systems
- Social-Urban Sensing
- Big Data Infrastructure
The Research Scientist will also be responsible for one or more of the following:
- Designing research methodologies
- Developing algorithms and models
- Conducting data science studies
- Designing and conducting experiments
- Designing and implementing applications, tools and systems
- Developing analytics capabilities in big data infrastructure
- Phd in Computer Science
- Good knowledge in relevant research topics and related research skills
- Proficient in at least one or more of these programming languages: Java, Python, C#, C++ and C