Research Assistant/Associate, Lee Kong Chian School of Medicine
Lee Kong Chian School of Medicine invites applications for:
Research Assistant/Associate in the LKCMedicine-ICESing Ion Channel Platform (LICP)
We are recruiting a Research Assistant/Associate to join our newly established LKCMedicine-ICESing Ion Channel Platform (LICP), a unique ion channel pharmacology platform co-funded by LKCMedicine and an industry partner, ICESing Bioscience Pte Ltd.
Ion channels are important drug targets and ion channel modulators, representing the second most successful drug class after drugs targeting GPCR. Ion channels play essential roles in regulating a wide range of physiological activities and their dysfunctions lead to various diseases, for example cardiovascular disorders (angina, hypertension and cardiac arrhythmias), metabolic disorders (type II diabetes) and neurological disorders (pain and stroke).
LICP aims to be the regional service provider for high quality patch clamp analyses in pharmacology screening of ion channel modulators, cardiac safety assessment, and ion channel research. As a member of LICP, you will learn about ion channel pharmacology and given on-job trainings to perform automated patch clamp analysis. Being part of an academic-industry joint lab, you will have the opportunities to work with multidisciplinary academic, clinical and industry partners, expose to industry practices and participate in academic educational activities, seminars and conferences.
The candidate will play a key role mainly in, but not limited to the following:
- Perform pharmacology drug screening and automated patch clamp analysis.
- Perform cell culture maintenance and provide general support for the lab.
- Perform administration and procurement tasks.
- Facilitate and coordinate research collaboration agreements and material transfer agreements.
Skills and qualifications:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Life Sciences or related discipline.
- Working experience in the laboratory (internship/final year project included) is essential.
- Experience in cell culture is required.
- Experience in cell-based assay, drug screening or patch clamp analysis is desirable.
- Experience in various aspects of administrative and procurement work-flow is desirable.
- Fluent in written and spoken English with good communication skills are essential.
If you are interested in this position, please apply with your cover letter, CV and names/contact details of two references at your earliest convenience. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.