Research Fellow, NEWRI-AEBC
Research Fellow (Environmental/Biochemical Engineering/Environmental Microbiology/Biotechnology/Biology)
A Research Fellow position is currently available in Nanyang Environment & Water Research Institute - Advanced Environmental Biotechnology Centre (NEWRI-AEBC).
- Operation of a lab-scale MBR system for high-quality effluent and membrane biofouling control
- Coordinating the project, planning and conducting the experiments, optimizing the process conditions for membrane biofouling control. This will also entail preparing quorum quenching beads and membrane cleaning
- Perform sample analysis for AHL, EPS, microbial communication and pollutant removal using advanced analytical equipment (LC-MSMS, GC, LC-OCD etc.)
- At least an Ph.D degree in Environmental/Biochemical Engineering, or Environmental Microbiology/Biotechnology/Biology, and will integrate into AEBC’s R&D thrust on biological processes
- Hands on experience in biological processes, particularly in MBR operation and microbial technologies
- Hands on experience on reactor design and operation
- Good laboratory and planning skills
- Good writing and communication skills
- Able to commence work in short notice will be preferred
We regret to inform that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.