Research Associate/Fellow in Photonic/Signal Processing
- Research Opportunity in the School of Electrical and Information Engineering
- Located on the Darlington Campus at the Faculty of Engineering
- Full-time, 2 years fixed term with a base salary of $93K -$108K p.a., plus leave loading and a generous employer’s contribution to superannuation
About the opportunity
Reporting to Professor Xiaoke Yi, you will contribute to the research on integrated photonic circuits for signal processing with the aim to create a fast speed signal processor in optical waveguides to process high frequency microwave signals. The position has a focus on design, simulation and device characterization.
The University values courage and creativity; openness and engagement; inclusion and diversity; and respect and integrity. As such, we see the importance of recruiting talent aligned to these values and are looking for a Research Associate/Fellow in Photonic/Signal Processing who:
- has a PhD (or near completion with the thesis under examination) in engineering, physics or a related discipline
- has a strong tracking record in integrated photonics
- is experience in photonic signal processing
- is experience in photonic integrated circuit design
- is familiar with cleanroom fabrication
- processes excellent writing and communication skills
- has a strong team working spirit
- an ability to work in highly collaborative team environment
- can work with industry
The School of Electrical and Information Engineering has a reputation for the quality of its graduates, innovation in its undergraduate curriculum, and for the strength of its research and postgraduate teaching programs. The school has achieved major research outcomes in the fields of software, bio-electronics, computer engineering, photonics, power and telecommunication engineering.
To learn more about the School of Electrical and Information Engineering click here
Since our inception 160 years ago, the University of Sydney has led to improve the world around us. We believe in education for all and that effective leadership makes lives better. These same values are reflected in our approach to diversity and inclusion and underpin our long-term strategy for growth. We’re Australia's first university and have an outstanding global reputation for academic and research excellence. Across our campuses, we employ over 8,100 academic and non-academic staff who support over 73,000 students.
We are undergoing significant transformative change which brings opportunity for innovation, progressive thinking, breaking with convention, challenging the status quo, and improving the world around us.
How to apply
For more information on the position and University, please view the position description available from the job’s listing on the University of Sydney careers website.
All applications must be submitted via the University of Sydney careers website. Visit https://sydney.edu.au/about-us/careers-at-sydney.html and search by the reference number 907/0820F to apply.
Please note: Visa sponsorship is only available for this position for candidates who are currently located within Australia.
Closing date: 11:30 pm, Sunday 6 September 2020
The University of Sydney is committed to diversity and social inclusion. Applications from people of culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds; equity target groups including women, people with disabilities, people who identify as LGBTIQ; and people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent, are encouraged.
© The University of Sydney
The University reserves the right not to proceed with any appointment.