IT SW Developer in PHP/Python
The Bursar of the Faculty of Science, Masaryk University announces an open competition for the position of IT SW Developer in PHP / Python
Workplace: Information systems, RECETOX , Faculty of Science, Masaryk University in Brno, Czech Republic
Working Hours: full time, 40 hours per week
Expected Start Date: negotiable
Number of Open Positions: 1
Application Deadline: August 31, 2020
RECETOX Centre of Masaryk University carries out interdisciplinary research and education in the area of Environment & Health with a specific focus on the assessment of toxic compounds, their behaviour, transport & bioaccumulation, their adverse effects, and related environmental and health risks as well as new enabling technologies, biotechnologies, and IT tools for linking environmental stressors to population health and mitigating their impacts. https://www.recetox.muni.cz/en
Job position offers significant freedom and flexibility, a high level of interdisciplinarity in the field of applied informatics and research, as well as a wide range of opportunities for personal and carrier development. You will be part of SW developers, analysts, and testers who develop and operate databases and interconnected information systems in the research field of populational studies, environmental monitoring and high volume data processing (www.celspac.cz, www.pops-gmp.org, www.genasis.cz).
RECETOX and Masaryk University is equipped with cutting edge hardware and software resources (HPC, scientific cloud etc.) and has access to academic knowledge libraries and publications.
Your job role will be
- Development of databases and information systems for scientific and research purposes
- Programming in PHP (alternatively Python)
- Work with databases and scientific datasets
- Maintenance of technical documentation
- Participation in internal workshops, technological training, conferences, etc.
- Technologies we use daily: PHP, Symfony, Python, PostgreSQL, Vue.js, Codeception, GIT, Phabricator
We expect you to have
- Computer science (or related) education at the bachelor level
- Good knowledge of PHP or Python
- Knowledge of object-oriented programming
- Basic experience working with databases and SQL language
- Be able to communicate either in Czech or English language
Beneficial to know
- Symfony framework
- Python Flask
- Vibrant working environment and access to state-of-the-art infrastructure
- The dynamic group surrounded by an international team of experts
- Involvement in national and international projects
- Employee benefits: 6 weeks of leave per year, health insurance, pension insurance contribution, meal vouchers, discounted language courses, etc.
- Brno provides a high quality of life; it is a university city with lots of cultures and very family-friendly https://brnoregion.com/work
We offer an initial appointment for one year with possible extension upon mutual satisfaction.
Applicants should provide the following information
- Cover letter
The deadline for applications is on 31 August 2020. A review of applications will run continuously as they are received and until the position is filled. The short-listed applicants complying with the requirements will be invited for personal or Skype interviews.
The application shall be submitted online via an e-application (Please, use the link in the e-Application section below). After submitting your application successfully, you will receive an automatic confirmation email from jobs.muni.cz.
Contact: email@example.com, Barbora Chlubná.
We are looking forward to hearing from you!
Received applications will be considered carefully in line with the principles of the EU Charter and Code for Researchers. Selection criteria: (i) meeting qualification requirements described above, (ii) all required documents provided. The Faculty Recruitment Policy (OTM-R) can be seen here.
If we do not contact you within 30 working days after the application deadline at the latest, it means that we have shortlisted other candidates meeting the position requirements.
Faculty of Science, Masaryk University, is an equal opportunity employer. We support diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Masaryk University is the second-largest university in the Czech Republic with nine faculties, more than 5000 staff, and more than 30 000 students. As a comprehensive research-intensive university with a strong international standing, our mission is to pursue top-quality research and education.
Faculty of Science MU, a proud holder of the HR Excellence in Research Award by the European Commission, is a research-oriented faculty, offering university education (Bachelor’s, Master’s, and Doctoral degree programs) closely linked to both primary and applied research and high school teaching of the following sciences: Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and Earth sciences. We are the most productive scientific unit of Masaryk University, generating around 40 % of MU research results.
Brno, the capital of the South Moravian Region, situated approximately halfway between Prague and Vienna, it is the largest university town in the Czech Republic and a modern metropolis with a long history and culture. Recognizing the university’s significant role in making Brno one of the most innovative cities in the CEE region, it continuously supports, together with the South Moravian Region, the local scientific, start-up, and high-tech communities.