Research Fellow, School of Materials Science and Engineering
School of Materials Science and Engineering is looking for a candidate to join them as a Research Fellow.
- Conduct thorough literature review and generate periodic updates and reports
- Process and characterize nanomaterials generated from nature derived biopolymers
- Carry out a variety of physical, biochemical and biological assays to understand the bioavailability, biopersistence and toxicity of nanomaterials
- Develop and optimize protocols
- Supervise junior research staff, undergraduate and graduate student projects
- Manage logistical issues and laboratory inventory
- Coordinate collaborative work within multidisciplinary team and external collaborators.
- PhD in Materials Science/Chemistry/Chemical Engineering/Food Science and Technology/Biological Sciences or related fields
- Experience in nanomaterials research required
- Experience in nature derived biopolymers preferred
- Experience in Food Science and Technology research preferred
- Experience in mammalian cell culture preferred
- Good communication and writing skills
- Good coordination/project management skills
- Able to plan and execute experiments with minimal supervision
- Able to take initiative to improve processes and troubleshoot problems
- Able to organize well and adhere to deadlines
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.