NTU Main Campus, Singapore
We are currently recruiting a research assistant who will join the laboratory of Professor Yulan Wang at Lee Kong Chian School of Medicine (LKC medicine), a joint medical school between Imperial College London and Nanyang Technological University (NTU).
For more information, please visit:
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Technical support of primary and secondary cell lines culture activities to study biological processes,
- Responsible for daily maintenance of cell culture lines (i.e., thawing, expanding, harvesting and freezing lines) and keeping records of cell culture parameters in electronic data sheets and/or log books,
- Conduct cell-culture based experiments, analyse data, write technical reports and present data in group meetings,
- Develop quality control or assays as required for existing and new cell-culture based projects,
- Assist in purchasing of equipment and consumables, and provide general support for the lab.
Skills and qualifications:
- Candidates should have a Bachelor's Degree in cell biology or equivalent in other life sciences.
- Prior experience in primary and secondary cell cultures is essential, including cell culture parameters (i.e., growth rate, viability, cell density, metabolites and cell waste, etc.) and cell counting methods and equipments.
- Possess a good understanding of basic laboratory techniques including aseptic growing and expansion of cell cultures, buffer and sample preparation, protocol design and data recording.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills to effectively communicate with team members.
- Able to work independently and as part of an interdisciplinary team, self motivated, well-organised and a positive attitude.
- Experimental skills in molecular biology or biochemistry is an added advantage.
Hiring Institution: LKC