Assistant Clinical Research Coordinator
The Department of Radiation Oncology, Medical Physics Division is hiring Assistant Clinical Research Coordinator (ACRC) to support a couple faculty. The ACRC will perform administrative support duties related to the collection of clinical data and/or the coordination of clinical studies. General administrative support for the faculty, such as managing faculty calendars, scheduling meetings, and answering phone calls, is also required. The ACRC will work under the direction and supervision of the principal investigator(s) and the Medical Physics Division Manager.
- Schedule and/or call subjects for appointments; contact participants with reminders or other requirements.
- Mice handling, injecting mice, inserting tail vein catheters, taking tumor measurements, euthanasia practices, and harvest organs.
- Perform molecular lab techniques and use clinical imaging machines.
- Create figures for grants or manuscripts using Microsoft PowerPoint.
- Log daily temperature for pharmacological agents stored in the fridge for clinical trials.Prepare, distribute, and process questionnaires.
- Perform clerical duties in the preparation of regulatory documents. Maintain all forms and documents, including consent forms and master subject logs. File all appropriate correspondence.
- Assist with the screening, recruiting, and obtaining consent of study participants. Review medical records and/or perform telephone or in-person interviews to gather data, as needed.
- • Administer standard study questionnaires and tests, score test measurements and questionnaires, and code data for computer entry. Perform quantitative review of forms, tests, and other measurements for completeness and accuracy.
- Extract data from source documents for research studies as directed. Collect data and complete case report forms.
- Prepare, process, and ship specimens/samples accurately under well-defined requirements.
- Order and maintain equipment and supplies.
- Help PIs with administrative duties as designated.
* - Other duties may also be assigned.
4 year college degree, previous research experience. General understanding of clinical research practices.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE (REQUIRED):
Two year college degree and one year of relevant experience or an equivalent combination of experience, education, and training.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (REQUIRED):
General knowledge of medical terminology.
CERTIFICATIONS & LICENSES:
Working toward certification(s) to perform basic patient measurements and tests, such as phlebotomy and EKG.
- Frequently stand, walk, twist, bend, stoop, squat and use fine light/fine grasping.
- Occasionally sit, reach above shoulders, perform desk based computer tasks, use a telephone and write by hand, lift, carry, push, and pull objects that weigh up to 40 pounds.
- Rarely kneel, crawl, climb ladders, grasp forcefully, sort and file paperwork or parts, rarely lift, carry, push, and pull objects that weigh 40 pounds or more.
* - Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job.
- Position may at times require the employee to work with or be in areas where hazardous materials and/or exposure to chemicals, blood, body fluid or tissues and risk of exposure to contagious diseases and infections.
- May require extended or unusual work hours based on research requirements and business needs.
WORK STANDARDS (from JDL):
- Interpersonal Skills: Demonstrates the ability to work well with Stanford colleagues and clients and with external organizations.
- Promote Culture of Safety: Demonstrates commitment to personal responsibility and value for safety; communicates safety concerns; uses and promotes safe behaviors based on training and lessons learned.
- Subject to and expected to comply with all applicable University policies and procedures, including but not limited to the personnel policies and other policies found in the University's Administrative Guide, http://adminguide.stanford.edu.
- Schedule: Full-time
- Job Code: 4921
- Employee Status: Regular
- Grade: E
- Department URL: http://radonc.stanford.edu/
- Requisition ID: 86834