Faculty Affairs Administrator 1
The Department of Radiology at Stanford University seeks a Faculty Affairs Administrator I. This position will provide administrative support focusing on the faculty appointment, reappointment, and promotion processes. S/he will act as a local resource for the department on academic and faculty affairs policies and processes.
- Gather information for search initiations, search waivers, reappointments, and promotions. Collect applications, and provide administrative support to search and review committees; provide advice on process requirements.
- Post job announcements, and distribute other outreach materials to attract candidates.
- Coordinate all logistical aspects of candidate visits, including arranging transportation and accommodations, scheduling meetings and interviews, and processing reimbursements.
- Gather all components of the appointment/promotion form, and organize in compliance with guidelines.
- Maintain records documenting search, recruitment, and appointment/promotion processes.
- Assemble and draft materials for the appointment and promotion files.
- Process and track approved activities (e.g., sabbaticals and other leaves, resignations, retirements, FTE changes), and maintain appropriate documentation and communication.
- Assist in coordination of visa process, as needed.
* - Other duties may also be assigned
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE (REQUIRED):
Associate degree and one year of experience working with administrative processes, or combination of education and relevant experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (REQUIRED):
- High level of attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to track, monitor and adhere to deadlines.
- Ability to learn university systems.
- Experience working with databases and Microsoft Office suite.
- Effective communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to act with tact and maintain confidentiality.
- Experience with complex schedules and planning.
- Demonstrated ability to work well with Stanford colleagues and clients and with external organizations.
- Demonstrated commitment to personal responsibility and value for safety, shown through communication of safety concerns and use and promotion of safe behaviors based on training and lessons learned.
- Frequently perform desk-based computer tasks, frequently sitting, stand/walk, grasp lightly/fine manipulation.
- Occasionally twist/bend/stoop/squat; reach/work above shoulders; grasp forcefully; use a telephone.
- Rarely sort/file paperwork or parts, kneel/crawl, twist/bend/stoop/squat, lift/carry/push/pull objects that weigh up to 10 pounds.
* - Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job.
Occasional extended hours.
- Interpersonal Skills: Demonstrates the ability to work well with Stanford colleagues and clients and with external organizations.
- Promote Culture of Safety: Demonstrates commitment to personal responsibility and value for safety; communicates safety concerns; uses and promotes safe behaviors based on training and lessons learned.
- Subject to and expected to comply with all applicable University policies and procedures, including but not limited to the personnel policies and other policies found in the University's Administrative Guide, http://adminguide.stanford.edu.
- Schedule: Full-time
- Job Code: 4171
- Employee Status: Regular
- Grade: F
- Department URL: http://radiology.stanford.edu/
- Requisition ID: 85707