Research Associate, Resilient Cities
Asian School of the Environment seek candidates who will thrive in an interdisciplinary environment and have a genuine interest in urban sustainability in Asia-Pacific.
The Research Associate will support the new research program through:
- Research and teaching support involves conducting literature reviews, assisting with writing proposals, research papers, and developing teaching materials (50%)
- Internal and external communication tasks include the development of a website, print materials, slide decks, and writing blog articles or other web contents (30%)
- Administrative support tasks include supporting, planning events travel logistics, processing forms and reimbursements, maintaining website (20%)
- Master’s degree in a field related to urban development
- Experience or willingness to learn about urban studies, regional planning, environmental management
- Creativity, enthusiasm, and positive attitude
- Excellent project management skills, organization, and attention to detail
- Demonstrated excellence in written and oral communications skills
- Basic experience with website development, communication/sharing platforms (e.g. Google Drive, etc.)
- Experience working internationally and with diverse non-academic audiences
- Experience supervising interns or undergraduate research assistants
- Regional foreign language skills
- Experience managing budgets or projects or teams
Interested applicants are invited to submit a full CV, cover letter, and names and contact details of two referees. Review of applications will begin immediately.
We regret to inform that only shortlisted candidates would be notified.