Librarian & Administration Officer
Ulster University Qatar in partnership with City University College (CUC) operates its branch campus in Qatar; a safe, family-friendly country and is an attractive and sophisticated destination in the Middle East, with a thriving education sector that attains a high standard of teaching and learning.
Ulster University / CUC; through its business expertise, quality teaching and innovation, aims to deliver the future business leaders of Qatar and beyond.
We are seeking to appoint an individual who is a passionate Librarian and who can contribute to the growth of the University.
The College Librarian primary role is to manage, organize, evaluate and disseminate academic information and provide support to members of the academic community including students, researchers and lecturing staff
You will be responsible for developing the library resources to support specific academic study and develop specialist knowledge and other functions.
Degree in Librarianship or Information Management that is accredited by the Chartered Institute of Library and Information Professionals (CILIP)
- Well – developed customer service and interpersonal skills
- Management level ICT skills
- Communication and presentation skills
- Research skills
- A flexible approach to work
- Negotiation skills
- Ability to work as part of a team but also on your own initiative
- Capability to prioritize your work and meet deadlines
- The ability to think logically
- Organizational and self-management skills
- Full fluency in English is an essential criteria
Demonstrate evidence clearly through CV and interview of at least 5 years substantive and relevant experience as senior librarian and administration officer in an academic higher education context.
Desirable: Prior work experience in the GCC or in a UK – style HE University environment.
Contract Duration Two Years - Renewable
Contract Start Date 01 September 2020
Remuneration and Benefits:
- Competitive tax free package,
- Annual return air ticket allowance,
- Private Medical Insurance,
- Life Insurance, and,
- other allowances
For further information regarding the university and this role, please visit www.ulsteruniversity.qa.