Research Assistant, LKCMedicine
NTU Novena Campus, Singapore
Lee Kong Chian School of Medicine invites applications for:
Research Assistant in the Laboratory of Asst Prof Christine Siu Ling WONG
We are currently recruiting a Research Assistant who will join the laboratory of Nanyang Assistant Professor Christine Siu Ling Wong at Lee Kong Chian School of Medicine (LKCMedicine), a joint medical school between Imperial College London and Nanyang Technological University (NTU).
Wong Lab is located in the state-of-the-art Clinical Sciences Building in the Novena campus of LKCMedicine. We focus on dissecting mechanisms underlying metabolic disorders and their complications, with an overarching goal of unveiling novel therapeutic targets and/or diagnostic biomarkers for metabolic disease/conditions. We are particularly interested in delineating pathways that mediate enhanced formation of neutrophil extracellular traps (NETs) in diabetes, and evaluating the impact of NETs on body systems under metabolic disturbances. We employ a variety of in vitro assays, cell-based approaches, and in vivo murine disease models, in combination with human sample and patient data analysis to address our fundamental research questions. For more information, please visit http://www.lkcmedicine.ntu.edu.sg/aboutus/Faculty-and-Staff/Pages/Christine-Wong-.aspx.
The candidate, who has strong enthusiasm in metabolic diseases, hematology and vascular biology, will be actively involved in the development of our research program. His/her responsibilities will include:
- Mouse colony management, including mouse breeding and genotyping
- Assisting other team members in experiments (e.g., cell culture, mouse experiments, mouse specimen collection and fixation, tissue sectioning, histology, Western blotting, microscopy, etc.), analysing data and documenting results
- Procurement and purchasing of equipment, materials, consumables and mice, etc.
- Establishing and maintaining laboratory records (including SOPs and safety), and inventories of chemicals, antibodies, etc.
- Stocking laboratory supplies, aliquoting antibodies and reagents for investigator use, and providing general support to the laboratory
- Maintaining equipment, laboratory area and supplies in a neat and professional manner
- Participating in regular laboratory meetings and discussions
The candidate should have the following qualifications and skills:
- Bachelor of Science in Life Sciences, Biomedical Sciences, or related disciplines
- At least one-year of relevant research laboratory experience (on-the-job training on specific techniques will be provided)
- Experience in and comfortable with mouse experimentation and husbandry
- Experience in tissue histology (e.g., sample sectioning and staining)
- Experience in benchwork including biochemical and molecular assays
- Prior knowledge of cell culture
- Well-organized and attentive to details
- Be able to set priorities, think critically, and enjoy troubleshooting
- Be able to work independently and responsibly, as well as a proactive team player with excellent communication (oral and written) and interpersonal skills
If you are interested to pursue a career with the School, please apply via APPLY NOW button below with your cover letter, CV, list of publications (if applicable), and names/contact details of two references at your earliest convenience. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Hiring Institution: LKC