Senior Specialist, Biochemical Genetics Lab
- Perform procedures within the lab, operate and maintain al equipment necessary to carry out these procedures.
- Perform a variety of metabolic tests using standard techniques and equipment; perform related duties in the laboratory to include specimen handling, using manual and automatic equipment to test specimens.
- Supervise and assign lab staff to various benches and tasks.
- Calibrate and maintain instrumentation according to standard operating procedure.
- Perform procedures within the laboratory in accordance with protocol and licensing regulations.
- Recognize the need for additional procedures and performs tests as required.
- Identify technical problems or unusual test results and take appropriate corrective action.
- Process patient samples for testing using appropriate identification techniques and written procedures to ensure quality material for testing.
Work Location : Genetics and Genomics Lab.
- MSc degree required
- Must be a licensed or registered as medical laboratory technologist
- PhD education level is preferred
- 5-years experience in a clinical biochemistry laboratory .
- Must have experience in metabolic or special chemistry in high volume laboratory
- Prior supervisory or managerial experience in a laboratory setting preferred.
Division College of Medicine & Health Sciences
Department Support Services Unit - (CMHS)
Job Close Date open until filled
Job Category Staff
Salary 12000 to 28000 AED