Research Fellow, Electrical/Power Engineering
Energy Research Institute @ NTU invites applicants for the position of Research Fellow.
- Work with a dynamic team to involve in power system design, modelling, and simulation for various scales of electrical grid (e.g. classical grids, modern grids with high renewable penetrations, microgrids and mobile grids)
- Conduct power system analysis including RMS simulation, dynamic and transient simulation, stability (steady-state and dynamic), reliability analysis and state estimation etc.
- Develop optimization and control algorithm for distributed power management
- Drive upgradation of EPGC experimental facility via extensive technology assessment and final deployment
- Organize the project data, draft periodical reports, present project status, conduct market scans/interviews and develop proposals for future work
- Keep abreast of global developments in the energy domain (e.g. micro-grid, energy storage, renewables), and translate its implications to the design of the market application
- PhD in electrical engineering with research experience in power engineering or related fields
- Master's or Bachelor's degree are welcome to apply as job title will be accorded based on level of experience
- Proficiency in power system modelling, simulation and analysis such as PowerFactory, Matlab/Simulink, PSSE or PSCAD
- Proficiency in programming language such as C/C++, Python or Matlab
- Strong analytical, communication (written and verbal), coordination, and negotiation skills
- Able to manage multiple stakeholders (external and internal) and work under tight timelines
- Strong hardware integration capability and working experience for electrical system integrations
- Candidates with programming experience in PLCs are preferable
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.