- The United Arab Emirates University is seeking an expert to develop, modify, and manage oversees all Endowment funds including Permanent, Managed, Supporting Foundation and Donor Advised Funds. Also assists with Endowment related events and mailings and works closely with the Chief Development Officer.
- This position is responsible for working with the Chief Development Officer, Board of Directors for planning and coordinating all aspects of fund development and public relations for UAE University. Provide leadership on all fundraising initiatives including special events, major gifts, planned giving, sponsorships, and donor cultivation. Identify, organize and manage the fundraising activities of the affiliate with a focus on new opportunities to obtain ongoing and increased support from corporations, public and private organizations, faith communities, and individuals.
- Develop and implement a comprehensive written annual resource development plan with strategies for donors and prospects in each constituent group including: individuals, organizations, corporations, etc. to be approved by the board.
- Provide monthly reports to the CDO and the board which measure progress towards achieving the plan.
- Broaden UAEU’s fundraising by developing approaches such as planned giving, endowment programs and campaings.
- Gifts Cultivation
- Create and implement strategies for donor development and cultivation which will provide a diverse and sustainable funding base for UAEU.
- Create and implement major gifts program, planned giving program, and volunteer giving program.
- Identify and pursue new sources of corporate and foundation funding.
- Build and maintain relationships with major donors of all types, develop strategies for collaboration.
- Create and update collateral materials to support gift cultivation.
- Develop and implement all aspects of direct donor mailings, appeal letters, and other donor mailings as needed.
- Ensure that the donor database information is current and accurate.
- Acknowledgement of all gifts and donations
- Manage or oversee all UAEU fundrasing events.
- Promote events to the business community as a way to support UAEU and provide support to those groups that want to host an event.
- Work with appropriate staff and volunteers to ensure that all aspects of a successful event are coordinated towards a common goal.
- Public Relations and Marketing
- Write press releases and media alerts in collaboration with UOD.
- Develop and maintain media contacts with area media outlets in collaboration with UOD.
- Build and sustain working relationships and communication with community associations; housing advocates and coalitions; business leaders; lenders; grant funders; universities and youth groups; and other institutions.
- The successful candidate must have the necessary educational background with a minimum of a B.A./B.S. preferred with an emphasis or concentration in business, marketing, public relations or related field.
- Preference will be given to candidates with MBA.
- Demonstrated analytical skills
- Strategic Investment Management
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite and administrative systems and processes, including ERP
- Superior interpersonal skills, exercising sound judgment and initiative
- Ability to work in challenging and highly demanding environment
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Database experience, Banner is highly desirable
- Reading, writing and spoken Arabic highly desirable
- Over 10 years of experience in a non-profit organization with a proven track record in sales and/or fundraising preferred.
- Ability to work well with prospective and current donors of diverse cultural and socioeconomic groups, respect confidentiality, and ability to work within the ethical and legal parameters of fundraising.
- Knowledge of how to seek major gifts through endowment funding
- The ability to incorporate endowed gifts into a campaign
- An understanding of the importance of legacy programs and closing legacy gifts
- Experience with higher education processes.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English with ability to make necessary status reports. Bilingual (English/Arabic) is preferred.
- Highly effective Program/Project Management skillsets.
- Ability to lead negotiations with business partners and vendors and strong customer-facing skills.
- Effective leadership of cross-functional, matrix, and multi-location teams.
- Leading projects via effective Change Management tools and methodology.
- Strong organizational and planning skills
Division Deputy VC for Academic Aff(Provost)
Department Provost's Office
Job Close Date 06-08-2020
Job Category Staff