Senior Student Fees Officer
6 days left
- Full Time
- $82,296 - $87,304 (G06) plus 9.5% superannuation
- 12 months Fixed term, Full-time based at Bentley Technology Park
- Extensive learning and development opportunities
Job Reference: 513178
We have an opportunity available for a Senior Student Fees Officer to join the student fees team and assist us with the administration of the student tuition fees revenue management process. You will have exceptional organisation and customer service skills, with the ability to juggle several tasks in a fast-paced environment.
In this role you will …
- Coordinate the issuing of student tuition fees and charges invoices, Commonwealth Assistance Notices (CAN), other legal documents.
- Provide expert and timely advice in all matters relating to student payments, refunds and remissions and dealing with exceptional circumstances.
- Assist the Team Leader with the recruitment, induction, training and the coordination of work activities of team members.
- Adaption and implementation of changes to Government policies, legislation and University policies.
- Partake in projects, including compilation and analysis of relevant data.
- Perform student tuition revenue management, account reconciliations and reports.
- Liaise and co-ordinate with internal partners including the Enrolment team, Curtin Health Services, and Curtin Student Guild.
Why choose Curtin?
- Easily accessible location with great parking, bus station and end of trip facilities!
- A flexible benefits package with excellent superannuation provisions.
- A vibrant campus with gym, child care, wellness programs, medical and counselling services!
- Curtin continues to be a leader in reconciliation in the Higher Education sector, being one of the first Universities to receive accreditation for an Elevate RAP - the highest level within Reconciliation Australia’s Workplace RAP Framework.
- The University has recently been named as one of Australia’s Inclusive Employers for 2019-2020 by the Diversity Council of Australia (DCA)
For further information on Curtin and all of our employee benefits visit https://about.curtin.edu.au/jobs/
We are looking for someone with…
- Completion of a degree with relevant experience or an equivalent combination of relevant experience and/or education/training.
- Experience working in a university or higher education environment, particularly in a student focused service environment.
- Sound knowledge of University fees, Government Loan Schemes and relevant higher education legislation (desirable).
- Experience in a busy customer service environment.
- Demonstrated ability to interpret and apply expertise regarding University policy, procedures and guidelines.
- Experience of supervising and providing guidance to team members.
- Outstanding interpersonal, and oral and written communication skills.
- Sound time management and organisational skills including a demonstrated ability to meet deadlines, proven scheduling/prioritising skills and an ability to coordinate projects and tasks.
- Effective analytical skill and the ability to resolve complex issues.
- Demonstrated well-developed numerical and/or financial calculation skills.
- Experience using an electronic records management system (desirable).
Please apply on-line with a cover letter and resume to enable us to assess your suitability for the role. If you require reasonable accommodation to participate in the recruitment process please advise in your cover letter.
To view a copy of the role’s Position Description, please copy and paste the following link into you’re your browser
Applications close: 10:00 PM, Monday 10 August 2020
To apply complete the application form below, or for more information contact:
Laura Keenan, Talent Acquisition Consultant
Phone: +61 8 9266 4640
Curtin reserves the right at its sole discretion to withdraw from the recruitment process, not to make an appointment, or to appoint by invitation, at any time. We reserve the right to remove the advert earlier than the date on the advert.