Lab Assistant, Anatomy Labs, Wet and Dry
Organization Name Khalifa University College Medicine and Health Science
The newly-established Khalifa University of Science and Technology combines the Masdar Institute of Science and Technology (MI), Khalifa University of Science, Technology and Research (KUSTAR), and the Petroleum Institute (PI) into one world-class,research-intensive institution, seamlessly integrating research and education to produce world leaders and critical thinkers in applied science and engineering
Reporting to the Chair of Anatomy and Cellular Biology, the Lab Assistant is responsible to assist instructors and faculty during lab tests and provide excellent lab services to students and faculty.The Lab Assistant also participates in ordering and maintenance of inventory.
- Before an experiment, process specimens and prepare the proper experimental set up.
- Assists in preparing materials for teaching demonstrations.
- Assist students on how to handle chemical spills,dispose of broken glassware and get rid of non-hazardous and chemical waste safely.
- Ensure that students adhere to the lab dress code and wear protective gear, such as safety goggles, during experiments
- After the session, clean and maintain the lab and equipment
- Monitoring all of the supplies used in the lab and restocking them as needed.
- Ensure maintenance of records for lab equipment and supplies
- Ensure stock of equipment and consumables within a pre-set level of expenditure;
- Provide regular, accurate, and timely feedback concerning student behavior, attendance, etc.;
- Contribute to the continued innovation and development of the program;
- Adhere to the University's information security and confidentiality policies and procedures, and report breaches or other security risks accordingly
- Coordinate with other departments to facilitate the accomplishment of tasks and responsibilities, as and when needed
- Perform any other tasks assigned by the Line Manager
A baccalaureate degree in the field of biology/anatomy/neuroscience or related field is required from an accredited institution.
A minimum of 3 years of relevant experience working in an anatomical lab.
Should you require further assistance or if you face any issue with the online application, please feel to contact the Recruitment Team (RecruitmentTeam@ku.ac.ae).
Apply for Lab Assistant, Anatomy Labs, Wet and Dry
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly