Senior Manager, Student Life
Job no: 590042
Work type: Full time - Fixed term/Contract
Categories: Student Services
The Senior Manager, Student Life is responsible for the strategic management of Student Life programs and facilities across all campuses at RMIT Vietnam. In this position you will deliver student leadership, development, and orientation programs, high-quality International Student Support Program and manage all REC (Recreation and Events Complex) operations.
You will possess exceptional innovative and creative leadership ability to enable you to lead and guide your team to achieve key objectives and business goals. With a combined strategic and operations focus and the ability to connect with others using a highly collaborative and inclusive approach, you will engage with areas of the business which include University service areas, Academic Schools to encompass a diverse range of internal and external stakeholders.
With 5 direct reports and a 27 strong department team you will be accountable for providing cutting edge, expert advice and support to achieve the strengthening and development of the ‘student experience’ at RMIT Vietnam.
You will also be responsible for financially leading and managing the Student Life Unit in close collaboration with the Office of the Executive Dean, to ensure that all costs and operations meet budget requirement to ultimately align with University goals and priorities.
- Provide strategic planning and operational leadership for the delivery of the Student Clubs and Activities framework, the International Student support program, Student Council, the Sport and Recreation facilities, Student Leadership development, and orientation programs.
- Ensure relevant services are aligned with and meet the campus objectives in the RMIT strategy and annual business plan, both at local and global level.
- Manage the implementation of continuous improvement and quality management systems to develop processes that are consistent across locations for each area of responsibility.
- Provide an informed and advisory perspective to staff and stakeholders concerning Students, Student Life and engagement activities across all areas of responsibility.
- Liaise, communicate and collaborate with Schools and departments to ensure clear understanding of processes, policy compliance, and the resolution of complex issues.
- Lead, manage and develop staff within the Student Life Department through work planning, coaching and mentoring approach. Set performance targets, service indicators and quality standards, goals, objectives and priorities for the team. Manage the recruitment and hiring of new staff.
- Work closely with direct reports to facilitate and finalise the annual budget and planning process for the Student Life Department.
Skills & Experience
- Undergraduate qualification in a relevant discipline to this role, such as Business Administration, Education Management or relevant discipline.
- Significant strategic leadership and planning experience, ideally within the education sector, with proven track record of delivering against key strategic business objectives.
- Ability to provide strategic input across a broad range of student education programs with a higher education environment.
- Excellent people management experience with ability to lead, coach, mentor and motivate large complex teams and individuals.
- Proven experience in leading, influencing and managing a broad range of complex issues across multiple stakeholder groups both locally and internationally. Extensive experience in the leadership and operational management of a business unit, including financial management and control, risk management and human resource management.
- Exceptional communication, facilitation, influencing and negotiation skills and demonstrated ability to adapt these to a diverse range of stakeholders and contexts, including Senior Management, Executive and students.
- Extensive experience in the leadership and operational management of a business unit, including financial management and control, risk management and human resource management.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills, including experience in writing and editing business process documentation and reports, with a high level of English proficiency.
Our people make everything at the University possible. We encourage new approaches to work and learning, stimulating change to drive positive impact. RMIT exists to create transformative experiences for our students, getting them ready for life and work. You will be a part of a productive and collaborative team, who values working relationships and outcomes through open and inclusive planning, continuous information sharing and transparent work practices
Benefits for successful applicants:
- Highly competitive VND salary (plus allowances) for Vietnamese candidates or attractive USD salary package (plus benefits) for expatriate candidates depending on education, skills and experience relevant to the position.
- Annual performance appraisal and professional development opportunities.
- Private premium medical insurance.
- Excellent leave entitlements (20 days annual leave, 5 days paid Xmas closure, 10 days sick leave)
- Expatriate candidates: Relocation allowance + flight + reimbursement of all work permit and visa related costs.
- Vietnamese candidates: 13th month Tet bonus + annual health check.
- Free shuttle bus service to and from campus to D1 and D7 for pick up and drop off (Monday-Friday)
- Free on-site gym facilities plus variety of well-being and fitness classes available to staff.
- Access to extensive international online library and resources
- Undergraduate education fee support for dependents after a two-year qualifying period.
English proficiency requirements
If English is not your native language then you will be required to demonstrate a minimum English language proficiency standard at a Linguaskills 170 (equivalent to IELTS 6.5)
How to apply
Click on the ‘Apply Now’ link.
Applications close on 23rd August 2020
For further inquiries about this position, please contact Manager, Talent Acquisition Manager, Ms Esther Walker at email@example.com