Solar and Device Testing Core Lab Instructor
Organization Name: Research Laboratories
Khalifa University is a world-class, research-intensive institution in Abu Dhabi, the capital city of the United Arab Emirates (UAE). The University’s mission is to seamlessly integrate research and education to produce world leaders and critical thinkers in science, engineering and medicine, and also to be a catalyst towards Abu Dhabi’s 2030 vision for a knowledge-based economy. Khalifa University has three campuses in the city of Abu Dhabi – the KU Main Campus, Masdar City Campus and the Sas Al Nakhl Campus, the latter two housing the internationally renowned Masdar and Institute and Petroleum Institute, respectively.
Solar and Device Testing Core Lab Instructor is responsible for providing high quality instructional support in labs, performing a broad range of duties related to the day-to-day operations of relevant laboratories; which includes the preparation of supplies, materials, and equipment; maintenance of equipment and facilities; storekeeping functions; and proper and safe use of equipment and materials.
- Drive practices and metrics, which ensure that the laboratories operate in compliance with all aspects of Khalifa University Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) policies.
- Coordinate operational policies and procedures; Work with research staff on issues which impact laboratory services.
- Coordinate and supervise the performance of routine and specialized technical procedures in assigned laboratories.
- Assist with laboratory goals and operational procedures for quality, efficiency, and waste reduction.
- Ensure lab equipment is operational to the maximum extent possible and improve operations through efficient use of existing equipment
- Monitors functionality of new equipment to ensure compliance.
- Improves lab operations through efficient use of existing equipment.
- Coordinate the installation of new equipment and maintaining the inventory of all lab equipment.
- Assist in the determination of fiscal requirements and in the preparation of budgetary recommendations, including recommending capital equipment expenditures, ensure appropriate resource levels, and comply with organizational expenditure requirements.
- Supervise and manage the inventory of commonly used lab supplies, maintenance parts and any other items related to research lab operations.
- Evaluates technical requirements based on bids received from potential vendors for purchase of lab equipment.
- Ensure information on lab website is kept up to date including all training schedules, equipment schedules and equipment descriptions.
- Guide the faculty and researchers on the purchase of consumables and accessories for equipment.
- Contribute to the continued innovation and development of the research program.
- Maintain liaison with investigators, research personnel and staff to solve specific operating problems and improve technical activities
- Adhere to the University's information security and confidentiality policies and procedures, and report breaches or other security risks accordingly
- Coordinate with other departments to facilitate the accomplishment of tasks and responsibilities related to the operations of the Research Labs department.
- Perform any other tasks assigned by the Line Manager.
Hands on experience on the techniques and equipment below:
- Agilent B1505A Curve Tracer + Signatone 1160 Manual Prober
- Delcom Noncontact Sheet Resistance Meter
- Ecopia HMS-5000 Hall Effect Measurement System
- Elite 300 Semi-automatic Prober + Keithley 4200-SCS Parameter Analyzer
- IV-5 Solar Cell I-V Measurement System
- LakeShore 7607 Hall Measurement System
- LAMBDA 1050 UV/Vis/NIR Spectrometer
- OAI TriSol CPV Solar Simulator
- QEX7 Solar Cell QE Measurement System
- Sol3A 94123A Solar Simulator
- WCT-120 Wafer Lifetime & Suns-Voc Curve Tracer Tools
A Bachelor’s Degree in related field.
A minimum 7-9 years of relevant experience.
A minimum of 3-5 years of relevant experience
How To Apply
Should you require further assistance or if you face any issue with the online application, please feel to contact the Recruitment Team (RecruitmentTeam@ku.ac.ae).
Apply for Solar and Device Testing Core Lab Instructor
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly