Senior Research Fellow in the Centre for Population Health Sciences
Lee Kong Chian School of Medicine invites applications for:
Senior Research Fellow in the Centre for Population Health Sciences (A/Prof Josip Car)
We are currently recruiting a Senior Research Fellow who will join the Centre for Population Health Sciences at Lee Kong Chian School of Medicine, a joint medical school between Imperial College London and Nanyang Technological University (NTU).
The Centre’s focus areas of research include population health, digital health, mHealth, digital education, and health services and outcomes research.
For more information, please visit: http://www.lkcmedicine.ntu.edu.sg/Research/Centre-for-Population-Health-Sciences/Pages/Centre-for-Population-Health-Sciences.aspx
Reporting to the Director of the Centre for Population Health Sciences, A/Prof Josip Car, the incumbent is a recognised professional in his field and has a proven track record in the clinical sciences such as pharmacology and medicine. He/she will participate in the Centre’s research in digital health, health education and health outcomes research. Responsibilities include:
- Leading and managing teams in a range of multidisciplinary projects (e.g. health systems science, population health, digital health, mHealth)
- Driving direction of assigned research projects in consultation with the Centre Director and team members, including study design and survey instruments, supervising data collection and analysis, and liaising with collaborators.
- Preparing research deliverables including writing progress/final report, drafting and reviewing manuscripts for publication in peer-reviewed journals, crafting posters/abstracts/presentation slides for local and/or international conferences
- Contributing to writing of research grant proposals including literature searches, obtaining preliminary data, estimating posts and budget required
- Participating in research seminars and regular team meetings and discussions which may involve internal and external stakeholders
- Guiding and coaching junior team members
- In addition, the selected candidate will undertake ad-hoc assignments or projects where required, as assigned by the Centre Director.
- PhD in clinical sciences, medicine, pharmacy, medical sciences, digital health.
- At least 5-years post-doctoral research experience with a strong publication record.
- Has established competencies in research design and has strong statistics grounding.
- Knowledgeable in medicine, disease management, health systems science, and mobile learning.
- Has clinical / clinical research experience.
- Able to contribute to the development of strong scientific research proposals.
- Able to lead on a range of research projects.
- Strong project implementation skills including data collection, data management and IRB processes.
Research management competency:
- Able to manage research project timelines and deliverables, manage quality issues, write research reports and academic publications.
- Meets professional standards in terms of quality, timeliness and research outputs.
- Able to effectively lead and train project teams.
- Highly motivated, meticulous and well organized with good leadership skills
- Able to work independently and collaborate effectively in a highly diverse, multi-cultural and interdisciplinary team
- Adaptable and willing to enter into deep learning in new areas
- Self-motivated to excel.
- Articulate, strong language competencies, fluent in written and spoken English with good communication skills.
- An effective communicator to function as a liaison with stakeholders and collaborators.
If you are interested to pursue a career with the School, please apply with your cover letter and CV (including list of publications). Only full applications will be considered, and shortlisted candidates will be notified.